Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

SIM101 - Order has exceeded the available account equity.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SIM101 - Order has exceeded the available account equity.

Hi,

I connected first to yahoo and then to MBTrading with a demo licence and the SIM101 account and entered an order for EURUSD which has worked a hundred times before via a SUPERDOM, when I was only connected to MBTrading.

I guess the yahoo connection messed things up and now I have a negativ BuyingPower CashValue and ExcessEquity which I do not know how to reset for the SIM101 account (see attachment)
    Any attempt to enter a new demo order - be it with size 3 or - with a more correct value of 0.03M (forex) or 0.3M results in an error message (see attachment) : Order has exceeded the available account equity.

Please advise how I can restore the account equity for the demo SIM101 account. A simple restart does not do the trick.

Thanks a lot for your advice, as I cannot enter any demo trades right now.

cbaer
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

Resetting a simulation account will clear all historical trade data from this account. Please follow the instructions below to reset a simulation account.
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
    • Select the "Simulator" tab
    • Press the "Reset" button
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your quick help,
      resetting did the trick and is fine, as these ar only simulation results
      cbaer

Comment

Exceeding available account equity

I see that this seems to be a problem that has persisted for some people since 2008 and still doesn't seem to be rectified. I am trying to trade my strategies and am continually getting this error which will not allow me to enter new positions. I have done the reset only 1 hour or so ago and have made 7 trades since resetting. I had two different trades on (CL - 1 contract and GBPUSD - .01M ) and tried to put an order in for one contract for GC and FDAX and was receiving the exceeded available account equity message. How can this be? I had $720 of profit from the first 7 trades, so it's not like I was losing a heap of money.

I have an IB simulated account with $998,000 in it so it must be something with Ninjatrader. I am upset and disappointed because I just bought the lifetime license for Ninjatrader not two weeks ago so I could practice trading my strategies fully (or so I thought) without restriction.

Can you please explain what is going on? I do not want to have to reset after every few trades as this wipes out my history and I want to have a record of how I am doing. I had made even more money on 10 trades before having to reset and now I have no record of those trades to use as information to guide my future trading. Again, very frustrating!

Please let me know what I can do at your earliest convenience. Thank you in advance and thank you for your time.

Comment

Hello tbeams44,

When you reset the sim101 account, what value do you have entered for 'Initial cash' in the Simulator-tab of the Options menu?

Are you trading the NinjaTrader sim101 account or the IB demo account - what account is selected in the NinjaTrader order entry window?

After you reset the sim101 account, do you see the correct 'Cash value' in the Control Center-->Accounts-tab?
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Every time I hit "Reset Simulation Account" it locks up. Please advise.

Comment

Hello Fosterbe,

Please follow the instructions below to repair the NinjaTrader database.

Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via File > Disconnect
              From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
              Select the "Data" tab
              Press the "Repair DB" button
              Press the "OK" button

If you still experience the same, please follow the instructions below to reset the NinjaTrader database.

Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via File > Disconnect
              From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
              Select the "Data" tab
              Press the "Reset DB" button
              Press the "OK" button
              Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply, as always...

The SIM account starts with $100,000 and is correct in the Control Center - Accounts tab.

I have the SIM 101 account selected in the Order Entry window. Actually, it doesn't even give me an option to choose my IB account, even though I am connected to it (it is a SIM account as well). I guess that problem is for another thread.

After I sent my last post and reset (with $100,000 in equity), I traded again for another 7 trades, only to get the same "Order has exceeded the available account equity".

I am wondering if this has something to do with how margin is calculated when trading Forex in a SIM account. I notice that when I put an order in yesterday for a GBPUSD trade, I choose .01M which should equate to a mini-lot, but when the order window pops up, it says I am placing an order for 10,000 contracts. Is that right? I understand the trade should be for $10,000 worth of currency, but could this be what is "using up" all my margin and not allowing me to take other trades?

Thanks again for all your help--

Comment

You are limited to trade the sim101 account, because you are using the free license. If you like to trade an external account, whether live or demo, you need a live license key.

Can you please check what profit or loss is reflected in the Control Center-->Account Performance-->Trades-tab. Click Generate to create a trade report and check what PnL is reflected per trade and if this clarifies the issue.

Are you only connected to IB or do you use other connections as well?

If you trade forex with a quantity of 1, do you get proper profit and loss figures?

Comment

Hi Jason,

If you read my first post in this thread, I actually do have a lifetime license already and this is why I am a bit frustrated with what's happening.

Yes, the account tab is correct. If I have $500 of trading profits in a day after the reset, it is showing a balance of $105,000.

I am currently using Kinetick as my main data provider and then am always connecting with my IB demo account. Everything seems to connect fine, but no trades go to IB as it is not a selection I can make in the drop down menu when I make a trade.

As for Forex, if I put in a quantity of 1, nothing shows in the Profit/Loss except 0.00. If I put in .01M, then it moves $1 for every pip up or down (which is the correct amount).

Thanks again for your time...

Tom

Comment

Can you make sure your live license key is entered at Control Center-->Help-->License Key.

Connect to your live connection via Control Center-->File-->Connect.

Subsequently uncheck 'Global Simulation Mode' at Control Center-->File.

You will now be able to select your live account in NinjaTrader and trade it. As long as 'Global Simulation Mode' is disabled you can switch between the sim account and live account.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                      Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes