Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sample ATM Strategy

Hello Power Broker,

This post is in reply to post #7 in this thread.

Using an ATM strategy within a strategy is an advanced programming item and cannot be done using the Strategy Wizard.

Below I have added a link to the help guide on using ATM strategies within a Strategy.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...gy_methods.htm

That being said, I have attached an image of how the your described ATM Strategy should look.

How this works is at entry the Stop Loss will be placed at 8 ticks below the current price.

After 15 ticks the Stop Loss will be moved to breakeven, or your entry point, +1 tick.

After 18 ticks the Stop Loss wil be moved to 3 ticks below the current price, which is also 15 ticks above the entry point.

After 19 ticks and every subsequent 4 ticks the Stop Loss will be moved to 1 tick below the current price.

Below I've added a link to the help guide on Stop Strategy within Advanced Trade Management.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...p_strategy.htm

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Attached Files
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi ChealseaB

TY for the screen shot it helps. What I want to do is kinda complex I know but I am trying to take out the emotion and let the technology do what it can do. This move happens in a split second and there is 0 time to do anything. What I am trying to do is have the trail tighten as PA goes into the spike till I am taken out on the pullback from the spike. I took another screen shot of what I have so far and I will post it in the next box. TIA
      PB

Comment

OK here is what I have again.

I think the frequency thing is confusing me.

One thing that is critical that I forgot to ask is will/does this work in the live market at the exchange or is it just on my computer. If it won't work on a real market order in real time with real money then this is a moot point.TIA
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Power Broker; 01-25-2013, 02:40 PM.

Comment

I took a screen shot of what happened on Thursday. The ginormous red candle at 1030 is what I am after. I will have to use a bracket order with this ATM I am trying to make attached to it both ways. Hence the OCO fucntion of the order entry.

I am trying to make this work for this event on this day at this specific time. It will not work for anything else that's why it is complex. I know it can work if I can just get the parameters correct. Thanks for all the help so far. I have watched the advanced strategy vid and I am confused still by the frequency part.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Power Broker; 01-25-2013, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Hello Power Broker,

The frequency in a Stop Strategy AutoTrail is how often the trail will repeat. For example, if you set the frequency to 4 and Stop Loss to 3, every 4 ticks the Stop Loss will be moved 3 ticks below the current price.

So after 4 ticks, the Stop Loss would move to entry +1. After 8 ticks the Stop Loss would move to entry +5. After 12 ticks the Stop Loss would move to entry + 9 etc.

Also, in this regard, I made a mistake in the screenshot I provided you. For the first step of the trail (18 ticks of profit), you ask to have the Stop Loss moved to entry +15 ONCE. By entering a value of zero as in my image this would cause the Stop Loss to move every tick. Instead the value should be 999, a high number not likely to be reached. This will cause the Stop Loss to move once.

Take a lot at the screenshot I have attached that corrects this issue.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the correction.

I think I might have it here in this screen shot I took.

In the 3rd step once PA reaches 25 ticks from entry price I need the SL to trail 1 tick behind the current price. So 1 for 1. Is how I have it in the 3rd step correct in my screen shot? TIA
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello Power Broker,

Thank you for the screenshot.

The parameters in your screenshot are correct for your description of the ATM strategy.

After 25 ticks and every subsequent tick, the Stop Loss will be placed 1 tick below the current price and continue to trail 1 tick below the current price.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks for all the help. I have some questions. When using this strategy on a break out I have to choose it for each side is this correct? Then what ever side is filled the other order AND the strategy cancel out correct?

Also I want to go back and test this out now on some of these NG break outs from past PA. Can I just down load specific days? Ie The last 8 Thursdays only on market reply? TIA

PB

Comment

Hello Power Broker,

Your understanding of OCO is correct.

Enabling OCO, choosing an ATM strategy, placing an order, rechoosing an ATM Strategy, and placing a second order will bind those orders together. When one is filled the other, including the selected ATM Strategy for it, will be canceled.

For your question about the Market Replay, you can download individual days for the most popular futures and forex instruments from our market replay server.

The Market Replay will usually have up to 90 days worth of data available.

You can replay Market Replay data by going to File > Connect > Market Replay Connection. For information on Market Replay please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ket_replay.htm

For videos on Market Replay please visit the following links:

How to download Replay data: http://youtu.be/a4ITAvYaV78
                    How to work with Replay data: http://youtu.be/3vsqshPbRZU
                    Market Replay webinar recording: http://youtu.be/yVteKZJlQ9s

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post sarafuenonly123  
                    Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes