Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

SPY- err I can't be the only one that expects to find it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPY- err I can't be the only one that expects to find it?

Hi
    OK I'm new, but...
    Just want to try out Ninja, want to look at SPY.
    Surprised to find it not present in main list in Instrument Manager. Am I missing soemthing here? Surely this, and other ETFs, are very common? I would have expected a downloadable list even if not built-in, I get the feeling I'm missing something.

Tried to create it, I use eSignal, so created an entry with Amex (shown by Yahoo as the exchange) and Default checked and with SPY entered as the eSignal mapping, but I get no data. When I added "NYSE" as an exchange it worked.

I'm a bit confused. What do I need to understand?

Thanks

My experience has been that setting exchanges for stocks & ETFs is a bit funky. What I do, that always works for me, is:
    1. Make sure both the actual exchange and Default are checked for the symbol (it is Amex for SPY, BTW).
    2. ONLY refer to 'Default' anywhere, whether you are adding to a Market Analyzer, chart, strategy, symbol list, whatever. This means if you are using the left arrow button to add to a symbol list in IM you need to make sure Default is selected as well.

Make sure you take a look at File -> Utilities -> Import Stock Symbol List, which they have added for 6.5 and greatly simplifies the process of getting new symbols into IM.

Comment

Many thanks for that, apologies for the delay, did read it a while back, not sure why I didn't acknowledge it then!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post algospoke  
      Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred