"Display update interval (sec)" function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Display update interval (sec)" function

Maybe this is a question for whoever I buy my next trading computer from, but I noticed that when I try to change the interval to update every .2 secs, I get a warning about CPU usage. Do you know what interval most experienced NT users have this set? Assuming a decent trading computer, and with only about six charts, a couple of indicators per chart, and two DOM's, should a trader be okay with settings from 0 to .1? I'm trying to avoid as much as possible unexpected blasts down or up in the price where there's absolutely no warning whatsoever. In other words, the candle instantaneously extends 4 - 10 ticks down(or more). I'm sure this can't be altogether eliminated, but just trying to minimize this effect. By the way, I've only traded market replay so far. I have the free demo. Thanks!

Hello chris777,

This is a warning message that NinjaTrader gives you when you change the value to 0.2 or below. By default it is set to 0.5 or basically updates 2xs every second.

You may change the value of it and see if you notice any sluggishness inside of your charts as it mostly depends on how the indicators coded and how many calculations they are doing. It is not to say that you will experience this but rather changing the value to that granular of a time can increase the calculations over 2xs what they normally are.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
    Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes