Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

editing the instrument database (ASX stocks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

editing the instrument database (ASX stocks)

Hello,

I experienced (and reported) adding ASX exchange listed stocks sharing the same code as US listed stocks within the NT database suffer erroneous prices for intraday charts and market analyzers.

To maintain integrity of NT's database of US stock lists, I added ASX listed stocks to the instrument list. To differentiate them from the US stocks, I added the suffix ".ASX" to the stock code.
    Adding stocks to the instrument list allowed me to map the broker code, which in the case of IB, consists only the first three letters (ie no suffix).

NT will not permit importing of stock symbol lists which include codes that already exist in the instrument list.
    To overcome this, I installed all of the stock ASX symbol lists I require prior to modifying the instrument list.

My questions are as follows:
    1. What additional information can I add to the instrument list that will enable me to import additional symbol lists sharing codes already in the modified instrument list without having to revert to the original instrument list and then back to the modified instrument list?
    2. Currently, there is no session template for ASX stocks. How do I add the correct session template to the instrument list? I am aware I can create one within NT, however that would involve a manual entry on an individual basis for each stock, where my preference is to "map" the session.

I am aware changes to the instrument list is not supported. I am also aware that a fix to NT to overcome the current issue would not take precedence over other programming requirements which impact a larger number of users. vFor these reasons, if I can simply receive the information requested, I will make the changes myself... and yes, I have a back up of the original instrument list

Hello ttpractice,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please contact me with a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com? (please include a link to this forum thread) I'd like to review the other case you'd mentioned in order to get fully up to speed before answering these questions. Thanks for you understanding and I'll speak with you via email shortly.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by ttpractice View Post
      Hello,

I experienced (and reported) adding ASX exchange listed stocks sharing the same code as US listed stocks within the NT database suffer erroneous prices for intraday charts and market analyzers.

To maintain integrity of NT's database of US stock lists, I added ASX listed stocks to the instrument list. To differentiate them from the US stocks, I added the suffix ".ASX" to the stock code.
      Adding stocks to the instrument list allowed me to map the broker code, which in the case of IB, consists only the first three letters (ie no suffix).

NT will not permit importing of stock symbol lists which include codes that already exist in the instrument list.
      To overcome this, I installed all of the stock ASX symbol lists I require prior to modifying the instrument list.

My questions are as follows:
      1. What additional information can I add to the instrument list that will enable me to import additional symbol lists sharing codes already in the modified instrument list without having to revert to the original instrument list and then back to the modified instrument list?
      2. Currently, there is no session template for ASX stocks. How do I add the correct session template to the instrument list? I am aware I can create one within NT, however that would involve a manual entry on an individual basis for each stock, where my preference is to "map" the session.

I am aware changes to the instrument list is not supported. I am also aware that a fix to NT to overcome the current issue would not take precedence over other programming requirements which impact a larger number of users. vFor these reasons, if I can simply receive the information requested, I will make the changes myself... and yes, I have a back up of the original instrument list
      Hi ttpractice
      We’re a proud NinjaTrader 3rd party add-on provider and have recently released a unique new product range, the ‘Easy Load’ equities installer for NinjaTrader, which addresses the exact questions you’ve raised in your post (the NinjaTrader press release can be found at http://www.ninjatrader.com/downloads...st_29_2013.pdf )

Our ‘Easy Load’ installers automatically install within NinjaTrader the complete list of all configured stock exchange codes for various exchanges (including ASX) allowing for fast, seamless access to these instruments across multiple supported NinjaTrader datafeed providers. Applicable session templates are added and automatically attached to each stock code so that there is no need to individually update for each stock code.

I realise your post was many months ago now and NinjaTrader support have helped you out, however just thought I’d mention it if you were after an automated solution to your query.
      Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post CortexZenUSA  
      Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
      0 responses