Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sych with Broker Account

Hi Guys,
    Is there any way to have NT persist my orders and open positions so that NT can resych with the broker after a restart?

At the moment, if I shut down NT and restart it just closes all my Open Positions at Market and starts placing orders all over again.

Hello Aspirant,
    You can use the Sync functionality to sync your strategy position and account position.

Please refer to our help guide to know more about it.

JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Joydeep,

Thanks for the reference, however, you haven't answered my question.

How do I get NinjaTrader to persist my orders and open positions?

For example, I have
      Tools > Options > Strategies > NinjaScript
      "On starting a real-time strategy" set to "Immediately submit live..."
      "On connection loss" set to "KeepRunning"
      "Order Handling" set to "Cancel entry orders when a strategy is disabled"

... and finally... I have "Synch Account Position" set to True.

So why if IB falls over (as it did last week) do I get a message to "Shut Down NT and Restart" ... AND
      ... if I do that
      Why does NT close all my positions at market (at great expense) and start all over again forgetting everything it has done?

What I need is a software package smart enough to remember what has gone before and restart in its previous state. What is the easiest way to achieve this?
      - Can I easily achieve that now?
      - Should I just wait for NT8?
      - Should I start programming my own synch routines?

Thoughts?

Comment

Aspirant, to have the sync working for the current placed orders it would need to be a 100% match. Otherwise NT would close account positions on restartup and then establish them again exactly as it would be dictated by the historical (up to the restart moment) calculations. In your case likely the historical recalculation changed the account position and / or exit orders so the sync was not given anymore.

For NT8 there's a new sync option though of as well, that would take the current account position and have the strategy then manage it - however in your case first of all it would need to be understand why the resync had to be initiated, so a potential workaround could be researched.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

Thanks, that's what I read... but I can't see any difference between the positions generated by my daily data systems over the few hours IB's TWS went down and NT suggested a restart. I'll keep looking.

The new options would be very, very handy as I have intraday algos and intraday position sizing that I haven't deployed yet that will play havoc with the current synchronization methods. Any idea on timing for NT8 at all, 2nd, 3rd or 4th quarter?

Regards

Comment

Sorry for our next major update would not have an ETA or tentative one to share at this time, once we're ready to provide more details we'll be sure informing the community - we're also very excited about it and working hard on it.

Comment

All I want is for the simulator to fill me at my trigger price plus slippage instead of waiting until the close of the bar and going "oh, I've been triggered, I suppose I should get place and order for the next bar."

If you could just do that for NT8 I'd be absolutely over the moon!!!

You can even allow Entry and Exit's to be triggered on the same bar, you just use an intrabar assumption like.

If Close > Open then Low occurred before High...

So, if the stop is below the Open and the Entry above the Open, then... you weren't stopped out!
              There are some neat complication that can be made to this and easily validated.

Anyway, I'll leave it with you.
              Thanks for the help.

Comment

Thanks much for sharing those thoughts, this is on our feedback lists for consideration. Added your vote in here as well for our trackings.

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

I seem to have tracked the issue with NT Closing all my OpenPosition...

Please correct me if I'm wrong (and I hope I am). It seems to have something to do with running multiple algos in a market.

I don't get why that would be confusing for NT, but it seems to be.
                  Strategy A goes Buy 500 of STUFF
                  Strategy B goes Buy 300 of STUFF
                  Total order for STUFF should be 800...

but NT seems to go, "Ummm, I have an order for 300 and I'm already 500 long, I better Sell the 500 first."

Can't NT see that the initial 500 matches an order it has placed and filled?

So when you say "Synch to Strategy" you really mean only one - eh.

Now this is going to take me ages to program around...

I'm hoping I'm wrong with this, but if I'm not please look into fixing this for NT8. Please!

Comment

More specifically I applied a few daily algos to the S&P500 stocks.

After a few hours I got a little bored that it had only placed orders for the first algo in about half the stocks, so I decided to disable the algos that hadn't placed any orders yet and reapplied them.

When I did this NT when and flattened on the OP's from the last 3 hours and then in the next 30 mins placed 2 orders.

I understand I probably shouldn't have disabled and then re-enabled the other strategies, but the issue is the same if I have an IB disconnect and I have to shut-down NT and restart. It seems that if there are two Strategies in the one market NT gets confused (i.e. it only tracks one algo per market atm). Is this correct?

Comment

Aspirant, your understanding is unfortunately correct in those cases - it would syncing the one the one strategy position to your account - taking the overall strategy position into consideration for multiple scripts on the same symbol is something we do have on our consideration list for the next major update as well.

Comment

Thanks Bertrand,
                        Glad I can handle the situation with Unmanaged Orders atm.
                        Best wishes for NT8!
                        Cheers,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by swestendorf, Today, 11:14 AM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Kimberly  
                        Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                        4 responses