Adding new intrument

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding new intrument

i hope it's because im new to Ninja Trader. I guess so many features that it gets confusing.
    Anyways, i need to add RY EuroYen future but it does not load. Where am i suppose to find all the information to load new instruments? i can't find that info in the help menu. I really hope its not to difficult. I was used to my old platform. so these are just growing pains.
    I go to my instruments menu. click new. then i type all the info for the new symbol. where do i find the info?

Hello,

NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments however, you may find the need to add an additional instrument. Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
    • Press the "New" button
    • *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
    • Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivity provider
    • Press the "OK" button

The instrument is now added to the master instrument list. Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.
    • Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the "Instrument lists" drop down list in the upper left hand corner
    • Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
    • Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
    • Press the "<" button to add the instrument to the list

You are now complete and can press the "OK" button.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

[*]*Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)[*]Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivity provider

Where do i find that info? There are lots of field in the Misc. even in the Definition. where do i find the info to input?

I want the EuroYen 3 month Contract

Comment

Hello,

Which data provider do you use with NinjaTrader? Ultimately, we'll be entering the settings that your data provider uses so their symbol catalog is likely our best source for this type of information.

Comment

I use zen fire connection

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for clarifying.

Based on my testing here, the settings which should be used are shown in the attached image.
            Attached Files

Comment

Ninja Trader Data server does not support this instrument. Thats the error i get

Comment

i would like to be able to load RP and RY the Eur Gbp and the EurJpy. both of these are not in my instrument panel. I tried adding the RY but no luck.

Comment

Hello Federali,

Thank you for your response.

Were you able to add in the RP as you had added in the RY following the same instructions?

Do receive the same error message for the RP that you do with the RY?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

I do get the same error. I am using 03-13 contract date.

Comment

Hello Federali,

So I may further test your account connection on my end, can you please send me your configuration file?

If so please send your Config.XML file to [email protected] with 'ATTN: Patrick' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the body of the e-mail: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=55491

You will find your configuration file in the following directory: (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\config.xml

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Hello Federali,

I have tested your conenciton and our Zen-Fire connection as well and the RP and RY are not recorded for historical data on the NinjaTrader Historical Data servers.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

so what does that mean? i can't trade them?

Comment

Hello Federali,

No - the instruments are can be traded. What this message indicates is that historical data is unavailable for the symbols. Real time data would however remain available. Charts would build in real-time, however there would be no backfill in short.

If historical data is critical to you, that could be accessed through a secondary data provider. Some sources to look in to would be BarChart, eSignal, IQ Feed and Kinetick.

Comment

but i get error.

Error loading chart data for Ry 03-13 globex NT data server does not support thsi instrument.
                              no data available

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DJ888
                              by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
                              0 responses