Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

What kind of fills/ slippage is to be expected with amp, and a live strategy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of fills/ slippage is to be expected with amp, and a live strategy?

Hi. I have a couple of simple strategies that are performing well in backtesting and when applied to a chart in the sim account. I think I'm ready to take them live. I have only been trading stocks/ options thus far, and these strategies are for the emini.

I was wondering if actual strategy performance tends to closely match sim account performance, and if anyone has any tips or "gotchas" I could be made aware of prior to going live. For what it's worth, they are renko/ range bar based. I don't have a futures account yet... but I'll likely go with Amp, unless I'm advised to do otherwise. Are fills tight, with minimal (if any) slippage?

I'm in the home stretch, so any help at this time would be huge. Thanks..

Hello CSharpTrader,
    Thanks for your note.
    Results for backtesting and live/replay trading can differ. Please refer to our help guide which further discusses on this issue.

Replay/Sim live trading however can be more accurate, however it cannot replicate a 100% match, due the market dynamics. Please refer to this post which further discusses on it.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me Joydeep. I've read those posts.. they primarily discuss market replay vs live sim, though. I'm wondering if anyone can speak from experience on live sim vs actaul live trading. Here's an idea... my account for ES is a trial account/ CQG data feed. Do the orders I submit in live sim actually go through the pipes and execute through the trial account?

Comment

Hello CSharpTrader,
        If yous submit the orders to the Sim101 account then they are placed locally. However if you submit the orders to your live account (including demo account) then they will be placed at your brokers end.

Comment

Thanks again, Joydeep..

Comment

Joydeep, another quick question.. I have an amp/ cqg demo account. How do I select it from edit strategy? At the moment, my only account option is sim101...

Comment

Hello CSharpTrader,
              Please make sure Global Simulation Mode is diabled to so that you can select you live account.

Please go to the File menu in the control center and uncheck "Global Simulation Mode".

Now when you open up an order entry window you should be able to toggle between your Live account and the Sim 101 account.

Comment

Thanks again..

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Aviram Y  
                Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM