What am i doing wrong with my computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What am i doing wrong with my computer?

I have 16gigs of RAM on an i7-920 processor. I have a hardwired (ethernet) 140 down/65 up internet connection.

I had maybe a dozen charts running with some relatively intensive indicators running yesterday and when things heated up in ES ninja bogged down and became unusable.

So yesterday i deleted all my workspaces and rebuilt them (one hour down the drain), performed a database repair and reloaded a handful of charts (maybe another hour down the drain). Now i have loaded up one renko chart with 15 days in it, one 15 minute chart with about 100 days, a footprint chart with 5 days of data and a market profile chart with maybe 100 days on it. does not seem like too much to ask for from Ninja.

So even with that my CPU frequently shows 13% (one full core) from Ninja and the platform bogs down (830 news, open, periodically during the day).

I suppose i can set every indicator running to Calculate on Bar close but i dont have that many running and if that is what it takes to keep it from bogging down, then what is the point?

What am i doing wrong? and more importantly when is the multicore version coming out? I have a lot of time (and money) invested in this platform and cannot use it for my purposes it appears.

I am at the end of my rope with these performance issues.

Hello duncanhoo,
    Footprint / Market Profile indicators tend to be resource heavy and loading it on a 100 day+ chart can tax NinjaTrader.

I would suggest contacting the 3rd party vendor and seek further clarification from him about the optimal settings for the indicators.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

any other ideas?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Joydeep View Post
      Hello duncanhoo,
      Footprint / Market Profile indicators tend to be resource heavy and loading it on a 100 day+ chart can tax NinjaTrader.

I would suggest contacting the 3rd party vendor and seek further clarification from him about the optimal settings for the indicators.

Comment

Originally posted by duncanhoo View Post
        any other ideas?
        Do you have issue when you turn those market profiles off?

Comment

i did yesterday with 10 days loaded and 10 charts.

Comment

maybe related issue but i frequently load new charts with my data connected and good and get a null/blank chart. this is fixed with a ninja restart. I had started another support thread on this topic and did all that was suggested - deleted all workspaces etc. and reloaded charts.

Comment

any other ideas?

Hi Duncan,

Do you have any saved chart templates? Problem could be there.

Even if the templates are not loaded to any chart, they can still be causing a problem.

Try dragging all chart templates to a folder outside NT file structure or just delete them. Restart NT and use new charts and manually added indicators. If problem goes away, create new templates with the working charts.

RJay
              RJay
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

thanks RJAY - ill try that this evening and post back.

Comment

I have 16gigs of RAM on an i7-920 processor. I have a hardwired (ethernet) 140 down/65 up internet connection.

I had maybe a dozen charts running with some relatively intensive indicators running yesterday and when things heated up in ES ninja bogged down and became unusable.

So yesterday i deleted all my workspaces and rebuilt them (one hour down the drain), performed a database repair and reloaded a handful of charts (maybe another hour down the drain). Now i have loaded up one renko chart with 15 days in it, one 15 minute chart with about 100 days, a footprint chart with 5 days of data and a market profile chart with maybe 100 days on it. does not seem like too much to ask for from Ninja.

So even with that my CPU frequently shows 13% (one full core) from Ninja and the platform bogs down (830 news, open, periodically during the day).

I suppose i can set every indicator running to Calculate on Bar close but i dont have that many running and if that is what it takes to keep it from bogging down, then what is the point?

What am i doing wrong? and more importantly when is the multicore version coming out? I have a lot of time (and money) invested in this platform and cannot use it for my purposes it appears.

I am at the end of my rope with these performance issues.
                  Which vendor's Market Profile? Does it draw all the letters?
                  On what instrument(s) is the Market Profile loaded? For example, I had one client load my TPOMap, with the letter-drawing option on, onto the NYSE TICK. Needless to say, with a range of well over 2000, it brought NT to its knees.

Comment

just es chart 10 days. Acmes. Letters.

Comment

just es chart 10 days. Acmes. Letters.
                      If they allow you to turn of the printing of the letters, try that and see if it helps any.

Comment

ill try that - Ninja when is the multithread version going to be available? Not really useful to have ninja lock up on me like this.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by michi08, 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Denver_Wayne  
                        Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
                        0 responses
                        1 view
                        0 likes