Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gain Chart loading errors

hi there,

iv have a demo account with Gain. i need to retrieve historical data back to 2006/2007 on the 60min AUDJPY chart. have done it on other pairs, but when i try to load this pair, doesnt work. ive tried restarting Ninjatrader platform with no such luck.

i get error windows popping up with the following

"Error on loading chart data for '$AUDJPY Default': Unable to retrieve Data."

or this error

" Error on loading chart data for '$AUDJPY Default': Connection to data server is busy or not available right now please try again later"

any ideas? as i need to get data back to at least 2007 for testing and Gain is the only one iv found to allow this much data in the past for 'free' until i go Live.

Many thanks

Mark

Hello Mark,

The error is related to our historical data server. The message indicates the historical data server was too busy processing other request so your data request could not be processed. Please note that Gain only provides 24 hours of historical data. By default, Gain connections are setup to use our historical data server.

Please wait a few minutes and check if you can reload the historical data by right clicking the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'.

If the error remains, please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Historical Data Manager-->Download-tab and try downloading one period at a time for the AUDJPY. So instead of loading all data up to 2007, try loading a few months at a time. More information can be found at the link below.

You can use the Edit-tab in the Historical Data Manager to see what historical data you already have present in NinjaTrader.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello Mark,

The error is related to our historical data server. The message indicates the historical data server was too busy processing other request so your data request could not be processed. Please note that Gain only provides 24 hours of historical data. By default, Gain connections are setup to use our historical data server.

Please wait a few minutes and check if you can reload the historical data by right clicking the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'.

If the error remains, please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Historical Data Manager-->Download-tab and try downloading one period at a time for the AUDJPY. So instead of loading all data up to 2007, try loading a few months at a time. More information can be found at the link below.

You can use the Edit-tab in the Historical Data Manager to see what historical data you already have present in NinjaTrader.

Hi Jason , thanks for reply.

i cant download anything from the download tab.
      now coming up with a popup

" Error on loading chart data for '$AUDJPY Default': Connection to data server is busy or not available right now please try again later. (NotConnected).

now i am looking at a blank chart with current candle showing.

im connected to Gain, so not sure where the (NotConnected) part come into it?

Comment

Can you please disconnect/re-connect Gain and check if this will make a difference.

If not, please wait a few minutes and try again. If the error remains, please reduce the historical data request.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Can you please disconnect/re-connect Gain and check if this will make a difference.

If not, please wait a few minutes and try again. If the error remains, please reduce the historical data request.

i restarted ninja trader and managed to do what you say by downloading days step by step. managed to get to beginning of 2008 so far.

Many thanks for the help!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post alifarahani  
          Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes