chart / download error ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chart / download error ?

M6E via AMP / CQG is displaying the Buy and Close of a trade from yesterday's
    session on the fifth price bar of the newly loaded 1 min chart, and for some
    reason the template I use on 1 min charts isn't displaying B/S arrows for one
    of the indicators, but does display them on the 6E chart I have loaded

something's obviously fugged up. what ?

Hello,

Please contact me by email: Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com

In your message include the following:

1.) A link to this forum thread.

2.) An image of your chart showing this.

3.) Today's log file: Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log > log.20130130.txt
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I too am having problems with downloading yesterday's (30 Jan) data for Market Replay.

Tried several times and there is nothing past 08:13 29th. Instrument is the ES 03-13.

Is the Kinetick supply side problematic as noted earlier (?).
      Last edited by RichardHK; 01-31-2013, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Hello RichardHK,

Thank you for your post.

I am able to replay all of January 30th, 2013 after downloading the data. Please re-download the data (File > Utilities > Download Replay Data) and advise if you still cannot replay the data.

And for the Kinetick item, I am not familiar with the item you are referencing. Are you experiencing any data items with Kinetick at this time?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Still have missing data but seems to be a charting/replay issue and not data itself. I deleted my 28th/29th/30th data from Documents/Ninjatrader7/db/data before downloading again but get exact same 'hole' in chart. See attached.

I was trying to start replay from 21:00hrs (08:00EST) on the 30th but results in missing data as shown on jpgs from about 08:13EST hrs on 29th through to about midday EST.

However, if I start replay from 21:00hrs one day earlier, on the 29th, I can then fast forward through all data Ok to get to where I need to replay the 30th.

Maybe something amiss on my system? But can workaround in future if this happens again.

Thanks for any help/comments.

PS. My reference to Kinetick was related this data supply only. Assumed Kinetick supplies replay data to Ninja??
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello RichardHK,

Thank you for your response.

Market Replay data is provided by NinjaTrader as a free service for our users, it has no relation to your data feed provider.

Please send a note with your log and trace files attached to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the body of the e-mail: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=55523

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support-> ensure the Log and Trace files option is enabled before sending.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Dear Patrick,

As advised by email it seems my missing data problem was due to downloading market replay data for each day, but NOT actually connecting live for same period. I had not been live on ES due to following the treasuries live at that time. So, as soon as I connected live at weekend, everything on the MReplay side sorted itself out.

Perhaps some confirmation that this is actually correct? Downloading data alone is not sufficient it seems.

Thanks for your support. Perhaps the log and trace files I sent point to same?

Comment

Hello,

Please forgive me if I do not fully answer your question as I have not followed the entirety of this thread/email chain.

The market replay data that is downloaded will cover the entire days worth of data. Surrounding data however will be loaded from historical data which is separate from the Market Replay data.

Because of this if you need surrounding historical data for a downloaded day you will need to obtain that data from your provider.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
                LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Lance,

Thanks for your confirmation. I was sure there was some kind of interaction between replay data and historical data. Only after I connected live, as noted earlier, did my missing day of data appear.

However, I did download every day of data via the replay system, and my 'Available Data' did show continuous data for several days, hence my original message here. Something odd is afoot, but if problem disappears after connecting live, no worries. Look forward to the enhancements in NT v8 later.

Comment

Hello,

Do you have a Live License Key or a Free Simulation License Key?
                    You can check by going to Help > About.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

In am on a Live license, checked Help/About as suggested to be 100% sure. Bought full license. Did you not look at the log and trace files I sent to you for problem checking?

Comment

Hello RichardHK,

With a Live License Key you will have access to Historical Data from NinjaTrader to fill in "gaps" of data that you do not have in Market Replay.

Please send another note to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com so we may establish a support call to look into this matter further.

Include 'ATTN: Patrick' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the e-mail: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=55523

Please include your telephone number and a time window (including your time zone) that I may reach you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
                        24 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post spwizard  
                        Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes