Account groups and order entry price...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Account groups and order entry price...

I have an account group with two accounts. When I place an order using an ATM strategy against the group, the entry price for one for the accounts is correct, the other one is way off like 10 ES points down. Do I need to take an extra step to ensure that both accounts in a group are entered at the same price?

higher.high, there would be no extra setting needed - please contact us via the Help >> Mail to Support so we could review the event sequence via your diagnostic trace / log files from the application.

Thanks,
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Looks like problem is related to moving orders once placed. I expected both orders to move when I moved it in the chart, however one of the accounts' order stayed at the initial price.

Comment

Hello higher.high,

That would unfortunately be expected with account groups. Subsequent cancellations and or order modifications will NOT be replicated against each order, you must manage each replicated order individually.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This actually makes managing orders at group level very error prone. When NT decided to support groups, it either must be done correctly, or not at all. There is no point in supporting an incorrect solution. When I move an order in a chart and my account in the ATM strategy points to the group, moving the order for one random account in the group is incorrect and quite dangerous. It could cost people dearly. Also, same with reversing order, etc.

Comment

Hello,

That feedback is appreciated. We do understand that the current implementation of Account Groups within NinjaTrader 7 does not meet the needs of all traders as it stands currently and do hope to change the way that account groups function in future releases of the software.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Kyle. I do like NT a lot and have been using it for over 4 years and own a multi-broker license and plan to use account groups more going forward. It would be great if order changes like moving entry, stop, reversal etc are effective for all accounts tied to a group and not just one account in a group.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post GLFX005
              by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
              2 responses