Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ninja charts - price mismatch on diff. timeframes

Hi

Guess you can see pretty quickly something is not quite right with the charts above. I have circled in white where my cursor was positioned at the time, as reference.

left chart = 6 seconds
    right chart = 10 mins

contract on both = 04-13 delivery
    These charts are actually currently focussing on February 2012 ... so I cannot see that there is some roll-over complication at play.

Both charts agree with each other on the actual time / price axis, but on the right chart, price is displayed 10 or 20 prices above where it apparently ought to plot.

Perhaps I am being stupid and missing something obvious?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hello,

As a test, can you please go to Tools--> Options--> Data tab and set the Merge Policy and set this to "do not merge"

Once this has been changed, right click on the chart and select 'reload all historical data'.

Are you still seeing the same discrepancy?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

thanks for response.

I tried Do not merge and also do not adjust... it seemed to solve the problem.
      But really I need to be using the merged data.
      The problem persists when I have set data options to merge backwards adjust.

any ideas?

Comment

really strange problem. if i change the dates of the 6 second chart by 1 day, then it "fixes it".

Comment

If changing the date affects the way it loads, this is definitely a roll over issue.

Please make sure you're on the latest version of NT V7.0.1000.11 - you can check this under Help--> About

Once on the lastest version, please reset your instruments which will update the defined rollover dates in your database.

To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Data tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.

Then restart NinjaTrader and check this again with merge policy enabled.
          MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

thanks but that did not solve it.

I reset instruments, restarted ninja, reconnected, still a huge gap between the charts.
            I reload all historical data (that crashes, I have to do it again), no change.

The 6 second chart will be out of sync with the 10 min chart almost at random. if I choose 30 April on 6 second chart, it will be a perfect match with the 10 min.
            Then if i choose june 29, or whatever, all of a sudden I have a huge gap again.

? would be a big help if i could crack this.

Comment

so ive been playing around with the settings on my charts for quite a while...
              it seems when i expand the data range on the 6 second chart to something larger, e.g. 50 days instead of just 5 days, it corrects the issue. or at least it did in the instances i experimented with.

would appreciate if anyone has ideas as to what has been going wrong

Comment

Hello spearchew,

Thanks for your reply.

So I may assist you further please send your most recent trace file to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com
                Once located please send the file as an attachment and in the email say ATTN Brandon and provide a link to this forum topic.

I look forward to assisting you further.
                BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post usazencort  
                Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                5 responses