32Bit v 64Bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

32Bit v 64Bit

Are there performance benefits to using 64Bit NT over 32Bit?

can you provide a link to where this is mentioned

thanks

ttpractice, yes this is mentioned for example in our NT7 features link here - http://www.ninjatrader.com/ninjatrader7-features

A main advantage is having access to more RAM on the 64 bit OS / version.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      ttpractice, yes this is mentioned for example in our NT7 features link here - http://www.ninjatrader.com/ninjatrader7-features

A main advantage is having access to more RAM on the 64 bit OS / version.
      Thanks Bertrand - I use TWS and am having problems with prices in NT updating with TWS, graphic example shown in this thread - I haven't noticed an improvement running 64Bit NT7, sowas wondering if you knew how to run TWS as a 64Bit veriosn only (needs the 32Bit version to overcome missing short cut to open the app)?

Comment

ttpractice, unfortunately the thread link would not work - what error message are you seeing with TWS 64 bit? 'Could not find javaw.exe' on startup?

Thanks,
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I removed the java.exe, javaw.exe and javaws.exe from Windows\System32 - then when I loaded TWS, got the same message as you, but browsed to the 64Bit Java folder and selected the Java file directly from this location - all loaded up and NT is connected

EDIT: update... I am familiar with the message TWS throws up about not being able to find the file "Javaw.exe. Rather than installing the 32 Bit version, just redirect TWS to the 64 Bit version.

I have confirmed this will work as described here:
          I have uninstalled Java 32 Bit, directed TWS to the Javaw.exe file within Program File\Java (64Bit)\bin and selected the file with the same name. Even after rebooting, TWS will remember to use the 64bit Java version of the file Javaw.exe and load up successfully.

Most likely I will need to reinstall Java 32bit for a browser or something... although having said this, just found Mozilla's Waterfox, the 64Bit version of firefox. Integrates with the user profile from Firefox so moving to Waterfox is seamless.
          Last edited by ttpractice; 02-01-2013, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by f.saeidi, Today, 12:14 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post f.saeidi  
          Started by Russ Moreland, Today, 12:54 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick