EOD data not show indicator info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EOD data not show indicator info

ES 03-13 EOD, as I put the cursor over the bar for today, I do get hi/lo/close etc info in the data box. But I don't get the indicator's information. When I move the cursor over to the previous day's bar, I do get the indicator's information.

multiple charts & multiple indicators have the same issue

update: it is the next day, Sat. and I hoped it was maybe a delayed issue - but still I cant see the indicator information for the friday eod bar.
    Last edited by cowboyss; 02-02-2013, 06:50 AM.

Hello cowboyss,

That would be expected if you are using "Calculate on bar close" (COBC) set to true, so that would mean that the indicator will not be calculated until the start of a new bar or the closing of the current bar is done. You may set it to false if you would like the value to be calculated within that bar.

COBC can vastly effect how your code functions. If COBC is true, then the strategy/indicator will be calculated at the close of each bar/beginning of a new bar. If COBC is false, then it will act differently since it will be calculated on each tick. You may see the following link for more info on COBC.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JC View Post
      Hello cowboyss,

That would be expected if you are using "Calculate on bar close" (COBC) set to true, so that would mean that the indicator will not be calculated until the start of a new bar or the closing of the current bar is done. You may set it to false if you would like the value to be calculated within that bar.

COBC can vastly effect how your code functions. If COBC is true, then the strategy/indicator will be calculated at the close of each bar/beginning of a new bar. If COBC is false, then it will act differently since it will be calculated on each tick. You may see the following link for more info on COBC.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
      Thanks JC
      to followup,
      if I understand you correctly, switching the COBC to 'false' and look at an EOD daily chart of ES Mini S&P500 it will show the close hi/lo/ & indicators data for that same day. (using Kinetic)

then if I switch to a realtime provider and look at the same chart can I have COBC set to true to read the intraday charts?

Comment

To view indicators values while building the current bar with real time data please set COBC to False within your indicator parameters.

If you have COBC set to True this will only update the indicator after the bar has closed.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post inanazsocial  
        Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes