Charts won't load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts won't load

I just downloaded Ninja Trader and was getting familiar with it and now when I connect to simulated data feed and try to open a chart, the chart opens but there is no data, no candle sticks etc. The chart is blank with the scale on the right at zero. I was configuring default chart indicators and I'm not sure how I messed this up. I went to Tools - Options Data and I have tried to reset the instrument and then repair the DB and then reset the DB with no luck. I also have uninstalled the application and reinstalled it and it still doesn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Blue Collar Trader; 02-02-2013, 09:57 AM.

Hello Blue Collar Trader,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forums!

That may be expected depending on what session template you have selected. With a Session Template you can use it to be able to only show data in your chart in between a specific time frame. You may want to use the Default 24/7 to be able to show data all week long.

For more information about the Session Template you may view the following link.

To change the session template on a chart open up your "Data Series" window by right clicking in the chart and select Data Series. With the instrument that you want to change highlighted go to the right panel. Under "Data" change the "Session template" from "<Use instrument settings>" to the session template that you want. For example "Default 24/7".

For more information about "How to edit Data Series parameters in a chart" you may read our online help guide at the following link.

Note that when connected to the Simulated Data Feed you may not have any historical bars on a chart as the data is only being generated in real-time. You may view the following link that goes over using the Simulated Data feed.
    Download NinjaTrader FREE at http://www.ninjatrader.comThis video demonstrates understanding and working with the Simulated Data Feed with NinjaTrader 7. Nin...

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Changing the data series to Default 24/7 worked. Thank you so much for your help!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post CactusMan  
      Started by giulyko00, Yesterday, 12:03 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post giulyko00