Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new installation - historical data

Hello,

after all the dataissues the last days and because my computer worked so slow as never before in 3 years with NinjaTrader I decided to remove NinjaTrader and delete all folders (programs/NinjaTrader and documents..../NinjaTrader) and to install new.

After the installation now I connect with my live-license-key to "External Data Feed" to get the bars untill this moment - so I have done for 3 years. I have a Zen-Fire live-license but when connected with this license-key I have ALSO forex datafeed and charts (this information is important because I already had the information from NT-support that this will not work - even when NT-support is excellent in general, I dont know why I got the information 2 times that this will not work)

But now after the new installation I have only blank charts(?) What might be the reason for? Or might be the reason that on Saturday this doesn´t work to reload data?

Thanks
    Tony
    Last edited by tonynt; 02-02-2013, 11:19 AM. Reason: clearify

Hello Tony,

Could you clarify who you are using as a Data Provider when you are using the "External Data Feed" connection? For Example TradeStation.

Happy to be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thank you for you reply. I do not use a Data Provider with External Datafeed. I have Zen-Fire Datafeed as I wrote, but this is for futures. For having forex-datafeed for backtesting I connect first to external datafeed, then I disconnect from external datafeed and then I connect to Mirus. Doing so, I have my futures datafeed for trading and can do backtesting as well - of course not at the same time.

I do this for 3 years now. And as I wrote I got the information from NinjaTrader-Support that this will not work, one time I also received the information that this works and data is from NinjaTrader Historical Dataserver.

So, I´m wondering

* if this is from NinjaTrader Server, and if so why I was informed this can not work (even when I have done so for years)

* if it is a wrong information that it will not work because you want to sell your Kinetick datafeed maybe

* why this doesn´t work now anymore after new installation (when I have done so 3 years)

As I wrote also, NT-support is excellent and I thank you guys for your support, but it would be great to get a correct answer to this and not 2 times "can not work" and another time "this is NT-histor. data server"

Thanks
      Tony

QUOTE=NinjaTrader_JC;319457]Hello Tony,

Could you clarify who you are using as a Data Provider when you are using the "External Data Feed" connection? For Example TradeStation.

Happy to be of further assistance.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Hello tonynt,

Thanks for your reply.

The External Data Feed connection provides no data on it's own and is used to connect to providers such as TradeStation.
        Below I have provided a link to the the External Data Feed Connection section of our help guide.

When connecting to Zen-Fire real time data will come from Zen-Fire and historical data will be provided from our Zen-Fire historical data servers.
        Zen-Fire real time and historical data can only supply futures data.
        Below I have provided a link to the Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider section of our help guide.

To receive forex data you would need to be connected to a provider who supports forex.
        The Kinetick End Of Day (Free) connection may be used to receive historical daily interval data such as Day, Week, Month, and Year.

Was the Kinetick End Of Day (Free) connection perhaps what you were using to get historical daily data?
        If you were receiving intraday data (tick, minute) there would have been another connection that was previously being used. If this is the case do you have any other data providers or brokers that you use?

I look forward to assisting you further.
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
        Started by Johnny Santiago, 10-11-2019, 09:21 AM
        95 responses
        0 likes