Gap in chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gap in chart

I don't get it. It is a recurring problem every Sunday/Monday morning with gaps in my chart. See attached image. Top chart is a 120min chart. Bottom one is a 15min chart. Both had the same session template, 24/7.

The 120 has the huge gap, the 15min does not. How do I get rid of the gap in the 120min chart???

sandman
    Attached Files

Hi sandman,

Thanks for your post.

So that I may test here, please answer the following questions:
    1.) Which data provider do you use with NinjaTarder?
    2.) Which Session Template setting is used in the two charts?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

1. Data Provider is CQG.
      2. Session Template I loaded with was Use Instrument Settings. I then saw the gap in the 120min chart and changed that template to use 24/7 but the gap remained.

sandman

Comment

Hello,

Just to confirm, the same issue is seen even if 'Default 24/7' is selected in both charts?

Thanks.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hm. Interesting. Just to be sure, I switched once more between Use Instrument Settings and 24/7 - and now it's fine.

To repeat:

When I started off/loaded the charts I had the session template on Use Instrument Settings. That showed the gap but only on the higher time frames like the 120min and 60min. The 15min chart was fine. I then changed the Session template to 24/7 for the 120 and 60min. No change. Now that I changed them back to Use Instrument Settings, both are fine. What causes it when first reconnecting after the weekend is something I do not know. But that has handled it now.

sandman

Comment

Hi,

Just something else to have in mind ; there is a propery on the Chart ( "Chart Properties" ) called "Equidistant bar spacing" that also has effect on those gaps...
            ....if you have a fixed minute timeframe and set equidistant to FALSE, you will see holes holes in the chart where there is no data ( missing bars or hollidays...)
            Regards,
            Pablo
            pmaglio
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - The Indicator Store

Comment

Thanks Pablo. Nice tip!

sandman

Comment

This issue with gaps in the charts is driving me crazy and I am almost afraid to log on after a weekend. Now I have the same problem again.

On single time frame charts it is not a problem.

But on multiple time frame charts, it goes berserk. Ok. So I deleted the highertime frames and ended up with a simple 5Min chart. It shows everything correctly. I also checked that equidistant bar spacing is set to True. Now I added a 15Min Data Series and instantly it scrambles everything and there is a huge gap to the data from last Thursday. Equidistant bar spacing jumped to False. Grrh! I switched between Default 24/7 and Use Instrument Settings several times as that fixed it the last time. Not this time. It is frustrating not to know what to do especially as it keeps occurring.

Help please.

sandman

Comment

Just to be sure, have you reloaded all historical data ?
                  Regards,
                  Pablo
                  pmaglio
                  NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - The Indicator Store

Comment

No, I had not reloaded historical data. Just did so - but does not make a difference.

Attached is what happens. First image shows a 60Min chart. Second image shows what happens when I add a120min data series to it. Though equidistant barspacing was set to true it changes to False when I add the second data series.

sandman
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello sandman,

The behavior you describe when adding a second data series is as expected. You cannot set it to True for charts that contain multiple data series - 'Equidistant bar spacing' will always be greyed out and set to False. All data series in the chart share the same time axis.

There is no data for the gap displayed in the screenshot - the CME exchange was closed due to Good Friday. If you like to exclude the gap, unfortunately you will need to create two separate charts for the 60 minute and 120 minute data series.
                      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post wzgy0920  
                      Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                      5 responses
                      0 likes