Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VIX futures / eSignal

Hi NT team

I am a subscriber to eSignal on Demand with global extended intraday history. I am trying to chart the VIX future on a daily or intraday basis. What is the correct setup in the Instrument Editor Symbol map to receive data from eSignal? The eSignal symbol for example is VX H3-CF. There seems to be a problem now since the exchange for Chicago Futures Exchange is CFE so it will probably not correctly create the VX H3-CF if I only enter VX as a symbol map for VX. Do you know a workaround?

regards
    whotookmynickname

Hello whotookmynickname,

This instrument comes preloaded in NinjaTrader configured for eSignal.

It is listed under the symbol VX in NinjaTrader.

Do you not have the VX preloaded in NinjaTrader?

The eSignal symbol is VX.
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Christopher,

Thank you. No, I don't have the VX set up, only VIX future. I may upgrade to NT R11, so this will hopefully solve the issue.

I am currently using an older version 7.0.1000.8 and I am usually connecting to IB. I also use NT to connect to IB's TWS and I am managing advisors accounts. Can I upgrade to the latest version of NT 7.0.1000.11 (Current) and use it with IB's TWS (Advisors Accounts)? I do not quite understand your latest release message. So shall I or shall I not upgrade to R11 or should I better use R10. :

Dear NinjaTrader User:
      Update: On October 5, 2012 beta testing has been completed. If you are using Interactive Brokers please disregard this advisory and update to R11.
      This advisory only applies to NinjaTrader users that are connecting to Interactive Brokers. NinjaTrader strongly recommends that Interactive Brokers clients remain on R10 and do NOT upgrade to R11 at this time. We have made significant changes in the R11 NinjaTrader - IB adapter to resolve an issue that occurred for some R10 users.
      Sincerely,
      NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello whotookmynickname,

That advisory has been lifted.

Please upgrade to NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.11.

Comment

Hi Christopher
          I have now installed NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.11. However, first, there was no VX setup. Second, I think the issue lies within that eSignal uses the exchange abbreviation -CF (and not -CFE) that is probably automatically generated when assigning CFE as the exchange. Could you please send me screenshots how the VIX future should be set up in the instrument manager? It is not working. In eSignal itself I receive data, so it has to do something with the way, NT is requesting data through the eSignal on Demand connection.

wtmnn

Comment

Hello whotookmynickname,

You may want to disconnect from eSignal, reset the instruments and restart NinjaTrader and see if the VX is then listed.

To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Data tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.

Screenshots attached.
            Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Skifree
            by Skifree