Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new installation - problem with 3rd party

Hello,

sorry that question - I thought it would be a good idea to uninstall NT and delete all folders and to install new.

Now I have the problem that when compiling my scripts there appear the error message concerning 3rd party indicators "Meta-file c:\documents\...\bin´\custom\3rdpartyindicator.dll " couldn´t been found. (I have not installed yet these indicators as I want to do step by step to see what impact has on NT)

How do I solve this please? I do not remember what and where to delete as this happened only one time 2 years ago. To avoid errors with wrong doing and damaging my NT-installation I want to ask please to delete correctly. Then I install new the indicators.

Thanks
    Tony
    Last edited by tonynt; 02-05-2013, 05:15 AM. Reason: clearify

Hello Tony,

This indicates you miss needed reference DLL’s or have corrupted ones listed - please follow the steps below to rectify the errors.
    • In Control Center menu bar go to Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator
    • In the indicator dialog select any indicator and click on the ‘Ok’ button.
    This will open the NinjaScript editor for you :
    • Right click in the code section of the NinjaScript editor.
    • In the context menu click on ‘References’
    • In the Reference dialog, if a reference to the noted DLL files exists already then select the DLL’s which are giving errors one by one and click on the ‘Remove’ button.
    After removing, add back the reference with the right path :
    • In the Reference dialog, Click on the ‘Add’ button.
    • Select all the missing DLL’s one by one and then click ‘Ok’. (located in the Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\ folder or in the NinjaTrader installation folder, typically C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin64)
    • Compile the indicator now by pressing F5.
    • The issues should be resolved and your NT should be again in properly compiled state
    Please also see the section “How to add a reference” from our help guide
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/index.html?using_3rd_party_indicators.htm
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason,

thank you very much for your support. I have done so and deleted (no remove button). But what you mean with "add back....." I couldn´t select the missing DLL(?) They were not there (I had deleted before, no?) I mean I´d had done exactly ref. your instructions - but they were not there. Is this OK? Can you please explain this for me to understand?

Thanks
      Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello Tony,

This indicates you miss needed reference DLL’s or have corrupted ones listed - please follow the steps below to rectify the errors.
      • In Control Center menu bar go to Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator
      • In the indicator dialog select any indicator and click on the ‘Ok’ button.

This will open the NinjaScript editor for you :
      • Right click in the code section of the NinjaScript editor.
      • In the context menu click on ‘References’
      • In the Reference dialog, if a reference to the noted DLL files exists already then select the DLL’s which are giving errors one by one and click on the ‘Remove’ button.

After removing, add back the reference with the right path :
      • In the Reference dialog, Click on the ‘Add’ button.
      • Select all the missing DLL’s one by one and then click ‘Ok’. (located in the Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\ folder or in the NinjaTrader installation folder, typically C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin64)
      • Compile the indicator now by pressing F5.
      • The issues should be resolved and your NT should be again in properly compiled state

Please also see the section “How to add a reference” from our help guide
      http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/index.html?using_3rd_party_indicators.htm

Comment

I suggest to check if the NinjaScript files now compile successful after removing the dll references.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jaybedreamin  
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes