Portfolio Optimization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portfolio Optimization

I'm trying to optimize a strategy with a portfolio of securities. Is it possible to get the performance of a portfolio as a whole? In addition, is it possible to optimize a portfolio so that all the securities use the same parameter values?

For instance:

Portfolio Composition:
    FGBL
    FESX
    ZB
    ZN

Strategy Parameters:
    MA Fast: 10 - 20 Step 1
    MA Slow: 20 - 30 Step 1

I do an optimization:

I would like the entire portfolio optimized over the parameters as opposed to separate optimizations of each individual security.

So the first optimization would be a portfolio consisting of FGBL, FESX, ZB and ZN being optimized with a MA Fast of 10 and an MA Slow of 20. Next run of the optimization is FGBL, FESX, ZB and ZN being optimized with a MA Fast of 11 and an MA Slow of 21, and so on.

I would then like to view the results of these as a portfolio. Viewing individual contacts works well, but we trade securities as portfolios. Is any of this possible?

Unfortunately we do not support porfolio level backtesting/optimization at this time. It is on our list as a future possible enhancement.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Since this functionality is pretty important for me, is it possible to code this myself using your API since I am quite proficient in C#, or is something that will be released soon? I just read a post dating back to August of 2007 requesting this feature. If I can code it myself I might need a little direction as to how to get the results of a back-test via C#.

Comment

Unfortunately this is not possible.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is portfolio optimization in NT7? If not, is it on a schedule for future release?

Thx

Comment

Originally posted by msmith View Post
            Since this functionality is pretty important for me, is it possible to code this myself using your API since I am quite proficient in C#, or is something that will be released soon? I just read a post dating back to August of 2007 requesting this feature. If I can code it myself I might need a little direction as to how to get the results of a back-test via C#.
            this is definitely possible - me and my team we plan to do things similar to this one using NT, visual studio and Matlab.
            NinjaTrader_Dierk: Removed references to competitive products

Comment

Has this feature been added into NT8?

Comment

When using NinjaTrader 7 within the Strategy Analyzer you can select a folder where your instruments reside such as Default then perform a backtest or optimize all instruments within the list at once.

In NinjaTrader 8 when optimizing or backtesting within the Instrument menu you have the option to "Select All" within a list as well.

I have also included a link below to our NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 Help Guides that goes over Basket Testing:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ; 01-13-2016, 11:36 AM.
                Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
                7 responses
                0 likes