Market Replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay

Greetings. Attempting to use an automated strategy in market replay, to test entries an exits using OFA's 'Tracker'. First I thought I'd have a look at enabling the strategy to make it draw a vertical line...'BackColor=Color. Green; ...but when I enable it, it immediately resorts back to 'False' ( from attempting to place it at 'True ). So what I am eventually hoping to do is to have the strategy in the 'EnterLong;' mode, whilst in replay, to test the other piece of software during a trade. Hope this makes sense, any questions please fire away. Thanks...Lincor

Hi lincor, do you see any errors in Control Center's log tab when you attempt to enable the script? How much data have you loaded prior to starting the replay? You enable from the chart, correct? If you for example test the SampleMACrossover on the same data set, would it work normally?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have the same problem. I have a simple strategy that puts green arrows and red arrows on the chart for buy and sell signals. When I try to apply it in Market Replay mode, I select True from the enable button but as soon as I select apply the enable bounces back to
      False and the strategy is not applied. I checked the log and there is nothing there associated with it. I have over four days of data loaded before I tried to apply it. I can apply the strategy live but not in Market Replay.

Curtis

Comment

Originally posted by curtcee View Post
        I have the same problem. I have a simple strategy that puts green arrows and red arrows on the chart for buy and sell signals. When I try to apply it in Market Replay mode, I select True from the enable button but as soon as I select apply the enable bounces back to
        False and the strategy is not applied. I checked the log and there is nothing there associated with it. I have over four days of data loaded before I tried to apply it. I can apply the strategy live but not in Market Replay.

Curtis
        If you are changing data provider without reloading the Strategy, you will need to manually change the Account in the Strategy Config GUI to use the Replay account.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
          If you are changing data provider without reloading the Strategy, you will need to manually change the Account in the Strategy Config GUI to use the Replay account.
          I just made that change and it worked. I didn't realize I had to change the account type. I never had to do that before. Thanks for the help.

Curtis

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
            Thanks Koganam, see what you mean, and that works...

Lincor
            Last edited by lincor; 02-07-2013, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post jaybedreamin  
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes