Connection Lost ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection Lost ?

I have a AMP / CQG account. Almost daily and sometimes several times a day I get
    " Connection Lost " . Now, data keeps on streaming so there's no loss there, but the
    connection light is Red . Sometimes the light is Orange which means what ? I'm some
    where in limbo ? Would appreciate some input here. There must be a separate trade
    server if the data keeps on streaming. The CQG Trade connection seems to be a weak link. Again this happens fairly often making trading more risky then it already is.
    At these events, all other internet connections will work fine.

Thanks

Hello T2020,

Thank you for your post.

Are you using a wired or wireless connection to your modem/router?

In addition, to providing the information requested above please restart your PC > unplug your modem and router > then plug the modem and router back in to restart them > then test the connection to CQG once more. Do you still receive disconnects?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Thanks Patrick
      My router / PC connection is hard wire, but my ISP connection is site to site Wifi wireless. Years ago the only broadband ISP available to me was satalite with a ping time of 800 to 1200 milliseconds. The brokerage required less then 1 second ping time so I would offten get dropped,but this connection is consistantly less then 200 milliseconds. Not seeing anything obvious here. My Pc has a fresh start every morning and re boots of the router rarely make a
      difference. Any other suggestions or contact person at CQG that might be useful ?
      Thanks

Comment

Hello T2020.

Thank you for your response.

There would be no contact on the CQG side that I would recommend for this item as it is more than likely related to the WiFi ISP connection you are using.

Is there another ISP service you can use?

Comment

Are you suggesting a momentary ping time in excess of 1 second ? There's no other ISP available, but I might be able to work with this company to improve the situation .

Comment

Hello T2020,

I am suggesting a wired connection rather than a WiFi connection.

Comment

That's no possible. I live out in the country and the only hard line would be a phone line with a 3 to 6 kilobyte download speed. I think there's something wrong with Ninja / CQG. During the whole event here my Think or Swim account has worked fine. Never skipped a beat. I have closed Ninja and can not even get it to display right now. I hear the " good " connection Sound, but Ninja won't display. I'll try rebooting the PC and starting all over, but I'm beginning to think the whole Ninja / CQG software build is at fault.

Comment

Hello T2020,

The CQG API technology is advanced, it will report a disconnect very quickly to ensure no data or orders are lost in transmit. If there is too much of delay in the connection CQG will report a disconnect.

There is no work around for this item on the CQG side.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Maybe what would be helpful here is knowing the minimum time delay CQG will accept.

Also, if other brokerages have a different requirement.

Comment

After calling CQG and our communication I believe the problem may be the wireless ISP I have. That said the people that should know what the delay time is to trigger the loss of connection alert, would be AMp futures, but every tech guy I've talked to there is dumb as dirt. Simple canned responses. Wireless is the only ISP kind of connection
                    I have available and trying find out some useful suggestions is like pulling teeth.

Comment

Hello T2020,

If you would like to look at other Brokers for information on their data feed and if it is supported on your ISP type you can find a list of our preferred market data providers at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/partners#Brokers

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

OK, thanks .
                        There's a lot of options at your link. Do you mean " Featured Brokerage Partners" as
                        preferred partners ?

Comment

Hello T2020,

That is correct, the entire list does contain preferred brokerages.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Spiderbird, Today, 12:15 PM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Spiderbird  
                          Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post WHICKED