Auto data reload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto data reload

Is there a way to have the chart automatically reload all historical data every x minutes?

The reason I need this is that my broker does not have native time stamping on the live data and this causes there to be a difference between the live charted data which takes it's time from my local computer, and the data that gets drawn after a reload of all historical data which obviously is time stamped.

This difference in data between what my chart draws and what gets reloaded is enough to falsely trigger my strategy.

If I could have the chart automatically reloaded before the next bar is drawn, this would better sync my indicators (and therefore strategy) with the real data from my broker with their timing.

Is there a way to program this in a strategy of it's own or otherwise have the chart redrawn with time stamped historical data continuously or every x minutes?

Is there a way to override the warning pop-up (saying that the strategy will stop and restart) which makes you click OK before proceeding?

Hello werido,

With some custom coding it is possible but not something that we can support. You may want to sync your PC clock with a time server to minimize the differences between the bar time stamps.

Use the steps below to change your Time Zone and sync the PC clock, note to set the server to time.nist.gov.

You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Press 'Change time zone...' Set the Time zone and press 'OK'.

Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.

As for the pop up message, you may go to Tools -> Options and uncheck the "Confirm order placement" to not have a pop-up message every-time you place an order or enable a Strategy.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have already synced my computer clock with time.nist.gov and still have discrepancies between the reloaded data and live charted data so I'm looking to have the chart reload as often as possible automatically and without the need to click YES to a warning popup.

I unchecked the confirm order option as you've suggested, but I nonetheless get the same warning popup (attached). How can I disable this popup?

And can you point me in the right direction at least to how to program such an auto-reload or where to find it?

Thank you
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello werido,

You may want to contact your data provider to see what time server they are using to ensure that it is they are the same. Typically, time.nist.gov works well for most data providers but each one can vary.

That pop-up message you would not be able to disable as it is a precautionary message since your NinjaScript Strategy will be reloaded as well.

You may view the following thread for some hints on how to reload historical data from an indicator.

Comment

right now I'm connecting to Gain but as per the connection guide I'm using Ninjatrader servers for historical data. Are those servers using time.nist.gov? And why isn't NT using native time stamping?

Comment

The NinjaTrader historical data servers use time.nist.gov

GAIN simply does not send the time values with their data. We have no control over native vs local time stamping. As GAIN lacks the native stamping, we're forced to stamp the data at the time it was received and will use your local PC clock.
            MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

though i use GAIN as well I was looking for a different feature. I want to reload the chart data after every exit. I use renko bars with tight stops and I find the only way to ensure accuracy of performance especially if i have been in a trade for days is to relaod the data. is there code that will accomplish this?

Comment

Hello hifreq,

To minimize your Tick chart from changing when you reload your Historical Data you will want to sync your PC Clock to a time server like in the 2nd post of this forum.

There is no code that will accomplish this.

Happy to be of further assistance

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by arvidvanstaey, Yesterday, 02:19 PM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
                Started by Rapine Heihei, Yesterday, 08:25 PM
                1 response