Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

script loading data

Hello,

I could solve the problems with loading data of fxcm for my charts by opening a workspace with more charts only with minute-dataseries. Then when loaded one can add Range-Charts one after the other when loaded.

Thought everything fine now finally, but now when I add the strategy in my chart then there appears "Loading data.." in the control center for very, very long time that has never ended untill now when writing these lines. No more reaction. How can I avoid this in my scripts please (loading data AGAIN by enabling the script-strategy)

THANK YOU!

Best
    Tony

Hello Tony,

The strategy will need to be loaded on the historical data in the chart. It calculates its conditions based on historical data and plots historical orders. Unfortunately it is not supported to disable this.

When I test applying a strategy in a chart, it does not reload historical data upon checking the trace file. I created a new chart which loaded all data. Subsequently I applied the strategy, but no data was reloaded.

Can you please send me your log and trace files and tell me what time you created the chart and what time you applied the strategy. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Jason, script loading data' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason,

thank you for your support. I have opened now (4:30 AM EST) a new chart with 15min and then enabled a strategy in my chart. Then I had to shut down with taskmanage as there was no more reaction.
      Then I have done again and made you a screenshot where you can see the loading in the bottom of the control center.

In my "experience" this is done always when enabling a strategy. Isn´t it possible to code it only for eg 2 days loading? Then it should not be a problem I assume. But when enabling a chart in a script with many more data (and one needs for S/R and pitchforks) then this is the problem.

Thanks
      Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello Tony,

The strategy will need to be loaded on the historical data in the chart. It calculates its conditions based on historical data and plots historical orders. Unfortunately it is not supported to disable this.

When I test applying a strategy in a chart, it does not reload historical data upon checking the trace file. I created a new chart which loaded all data. Subsequently I applied the strategy, but no data was reloaded.

Can you please send me your log and trace files and tell me what time you created the chart and what time you applied the strategy. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Jason, script loading data' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.

Comment

Hello Tony,

Thank you for sending the files. Please see my response on the email you sent.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post quantismo  
        Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes