Supported method to put indie on data series 1 onto chart for data series 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supported method to put indie on data series 1 onto chart for data series 2

I'd like to know what the recommended way to do accomplish this would be.

I want to show support and resistance from my 60min chart onto the 3min chart.

I calculate S/R really simply - just the swing lows. But I use the S/R levels identified on the 60 min chart, and I trade off the 3min chart.

I wrote an indie to show the S/R levels and label them nicely etc, and I tried the following:

I have a 3min chart showing 20 days of data, and I added the 60min dataseries showing 200 days of data. I need 200 days to be more sure of picking up S/R levels in really old territory when the market heads into new highs or lows.

Then I added the S/R indicator to the 60 min data, but displayed it in the 3min chart.

So far so good

Then I scrolled left to check whether I had got 200 days of 60 min data, and after hitting the start of the 3min 20 days, I got a big X on chart and that was it. I had to close the chart and recreate it.

If this doesn't work, is there a work-around? If not, how best should I approach the issue instead?

Hello adamus,

I tested it with the default Pivots indicator, however I do not experience the red X. Are you able to produce the red X using the default Pivots indicator?

Could it be the issue only occurs for the indicator you have been using?

To plot an indicator calculated on one data series but plot on a different data series, you will need to add both data series in one chart. Subsequently configure 'Input series' and 'Panel' accordingly like you did. I do not see another way to accomplish this.
    Attached Files
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK, I discovered that the big red X was caused by the BarNumbers indicator.

I had randomly at some unknown point set the Displacement parameter on BarNumbers to 5. I am not even sure whether the Displacement parameter has any effect on the BarNumbers indicator - it doesn't on my chart, so I set it to zero and the problem resolved itself.

Does the Displacement parameter only effect plots? In that case, I can see why it doesn't have any visible effect on BarNumbers indicator, since I am using DrawText and doing the BarNumber calculation without reference to Displacement - I changed the NT7 installed BarNumbers indicator.

If I am not using Displacement in this BarNumbers indicator, why is setting a value of 5 causing this problem with the chart?

Thanks

Comment

Displacement is only for plots.

Would you mind uploading the version of the bar numbers indicator you're using?
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Here it is.
          Attached Files

Comment

Just wanted to let you know that we can reproduce and we're looking into why this is occurring.
            MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
            11 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post cmtjoancolmenero  
            Started by FrazMann, Today, 11:21 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes