Chart bars when in minimized without description

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart bars when in minimized without description

I have more than 10 charts in workspace. I keep all of them minimized except for two. At the end of the day when I close NT those are the only two charts that are still open. When I first open NT in the morning, the bar for each of the 10 chart shows at the bottom toolbar of the computer either as individual bar or as a group. The only bars that have a chart instrument description on it are the two that have charts open. Others are blank with only the little icon on it and no description. Therefore if I need to open a certain chart from those bars, i don't know which one is which, I end up opening several before I find the one I need. Once I have done that, the description of that chart stays there even if I minimize it. This problem is there always. Solution?

Hello ju1234,

Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately this is a limitation in which Microsoft Windows must have the windows maximized in order to receive the information on what instrument is in the chart.
    Each window would have to be maximized after NinjaTrader starts to display this information.

Please don't hesitate to contact us with any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Brandon, I have not seen this problem with any other program, so it cannot be a Windows problem, it must be an NT programming problem. I have 12 charts open in IB in their trader work station and no problem.

Comment

Hello ju1234,

Thanks for your reply.

With how the instruments names are displayed within NinjaTrader an how Microsoft windows retrieves this information there is no way to have this information display without restoring the window first.
        I will submit your suggestion to development to change how this functions.

Please don't hesitate to contact us with any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.

Comment

Hello ju1234,

Thank you for sharing your ideas to make NinjaTrader even better. We will track your submission with ID#X2212

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes