Data / charts question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data / charts question

In the control center, under file - options- data- save data as historical is checked. So, any data I download is saved on the computer locally. Correct? I have 1000 days of daily data and intra day minute data of 100 days for several instruments. I have 10 different instruments in the "Instrument manager". All ten have charts created in one workspace. With all this data, when I first start NT, sometimes it has trouble loading the charts. Even after 10 -15 minutes the charts remain blank and I have to shut the control center down, restart the computer and restart NT. Sometimes that fixes the problem.

Questions:

1. Is there anything I can do to fix the starting problem?
    2. If I had only one chart / instrument in the active workspace, will the data for all other instruments that are listed in the Instrument manager left hand panel also be downloaded when I first connect? In other words, is my computer always upto date for all the instruments in the list or only the ones that are in the open workspace? Since setting of how many days of data to download is set in the chart properties, I assume that only the ones in the workspace will be downloaded.
    3. If I have set the chart parameters for 100 days, does the system drop the first day of data every day so only the most recent 100 days remain on the chart or does the previous data stays in the computer. So, if I started 1 year ago, my setting in the chart is 100 days, today will I have 1 year worth data in my computer or 100 days? When I am not connected to the data vendor, if I change the number of days in my chart from say 100 to 200, will it retrieve the required data from the computer memory and update the chart?

Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

1. You may need to clear your temporary cache data.

Please use the steps I have provided below to delete your cache data:

* Close NinjaTrader
    * Documents -> NinjaTrader 7 -> db folder -> cache folder
    * Select all files-->Right mouse click-->Delete
    * Open NinjaTrader
    * Connect

Open a new chart without any indicators or templates applied to see if you are able to load a chart.

Note that this does not affect your historical data you have saved, only a temporary cache folder.

2. If you only have one Chart, instrument and Workspace selected, you will only download data for that specific instrument.

To receive data for other instruments, you would need a new Chart, Workspace or Market Analzyer that is requesting the data for you.

3. If you have the chart set to 100 days, the next day, it will drop the oldest day.

Example: If you loaded a chart that had 3 days to load, it would load Feb. 5th, 6th, 7th, while the 8th would be charting today.

Tomorrow if you opened this same chart, it would load 6th, 7th and 8th, and the 9th would be building in the chart.

When you are not connected to a data provider, and you have data previously saved, it will load it from your PC.
    CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

3. If you have the chart set to 100 days, the next day, it will drop the oldest day.

Example: If you loaded a chart that had 3 days to load, it would load Feb. 5th, 6th, 7th, while the 8th would be charting today.

Tomorrow if you opened this same chart, it would load 6th, 7th and 8th, and the 9th would be building in the chart.

When you are not connected to a data provider, and you have data previously saved, it will load it from your PC.[/QUOTE]

Is Feb 5 still in saved in the computer or not. So, if without being connected to data provider, i change the data definitions to 4 days, will it capture the Feb 5 data from the computer's memory?

The reason I am asking this question is: I work with the past charts without being connected. So, I have 100 days of data. If after 30 days, I will loose the 30 days worth data, then i should perhaps load 130 days now.

Another related question: Working with "market replay connection": so far I have been unsuccessful. Every time I try, my computer just freezes up. Then I have to close NT and restart.

Comment

Hello,

Allow me to clarify.

Historical Chart Data is saved to your PC.

In the above example. Feb 5th would still be saved on your Local PC.

When you are not connected to a data provide you will use data from your PC.

Chart Data does not automatically remove or delete from your PC unless you manually delete it.

With Market Replay, what date/instrument are you trying to replay?
        CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post FrancisMorro  
        Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
        10 responses