• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Session temple

Hi All ,

This problem killing me long time

What is a session temple for :

Futures 6J , ES, FESX ?

I using floor pivot indicator and i compare results with barchat.com & mypivots.com . Pivots what NT show me have different values. I am tried many options of session temple (also CME FX futures eth) ,but still have same problem.

Also my chart have different values of price. I can see price 0.010795 but should be 1.07950.

Thanks for any help

Jake
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jakub; 02-11-2013, 02:25 AM.

Hello Jake,

The Session template determines during what hours data will be received/loaded. If set to <Use instrument settings>, it will use the session template that is configured for the instrument in the Instrument Manager.

Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the instrument in question and click Edit. You will now see what session template the instrument by default uses.

You can view the times of each session template in the Session Manager (Control Center-->Tools). More information regarding the Session Manager can be found at the link below.

I am not sure what calculations mypivots.com uses, so I do not know how to replicate it in NinjaTrader. Do you see similar values if you use the default Pivots indicator?
    The NinjaTrader Pivots indicator has different methods to calculate support and resistance lines.

The 'PriorDayHLC' setting is important. If set to DailyBars, the S and R lines are calculated using the HLC of historical daily data that is provided by the connected data feed.

If set to CalcFromIntraDayData, the HLC of the intraday data in the chart will be used instead to calculate S and R lines. You could also manually enter the HLC values when you choose UserDefinedValues. More information regarding our Pivots indicator can be found at the link below.

The session start and end times are replaced by session templates in NinjaTrader 7.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks.
      I know instrument manager settings . I am already check it. Now I am installed PivotsNTwZone . They have absolutely same calculation as anaPivotsDailyV39.
      So my questions is : is this pivots level are correct ?
      Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately I am not sure how this indicator is calculated and if this meets your requirements for a Pivots indicator.

Comment

pp = (currentHigh + currentLow + currentClose) / 3;
          s1 = 2 * pp - currentHigh;
          r1 = 2 * pp - currentLow;
          s2 = pp - (currentHigh - currentLow);
          r2 = pp + (currentHigh - currentLow);
          s3 = pp - 2 * (currentHigh - currentLow);
          r3 = pp + 2 * (currentHigh - currentLow);

Here is a calculation for my pivots. This is a "general" calculation . I am still not sure why two different webpage have same calculation of pivots and my NT have different levels. Do u have any ideas ?

Thanks
          Jake

Comment

Do the webpages use only the day session or do they include overnight data in their calculations as well? Make sure the NinjaTrader chart uses the same amount of data. If the issue remains, could it be data is different?

Do you see similar values if you apply the default Pivots indicator?

Comment

default Pivot indicator have same pivot levels like PivotsNTwZone & anaPivotsDailyV39.All those indicator have same calculation formula. I don't know ,how barchart&mypivots calculate pivots levels.Also I am used e-signal platform ,and they had same pivots level like barchart. They had Final settlements price (ES) between 15.15 - 15.30 (aprx 15.22) .Sience this price was calculated pivots for next day.

This problem killing me ,bcs I don't really know witch pivots are correct.
              Do u have any ideas?

Thanks
              Jake

Comment

Unfortunately I do not know how to calculate their Pivots either. I suggest to contact them for clarification.

Zen-Fire does not provide the settlement price in the chart from which the Pivots calculate its values. If the websites do use the settlement price, this is likely causing the difference.

The free Kinetick EOD connection will include the settlement price in daily data. The Close price in the daily bar is the settlement price.

Can you please proceed as follows. Shut down NinjaTrader and navigate to the following folder.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db
                Delete the cache and day folders.

Start NinjaTrader and connect to the Kinetick EOD connection. Create a daily chart so daily data is loaded in NinjaTrader. Apply the Pivots in the 133 Tick chart and set 'PriorDayHLC' to DailyBars. This way the Pivots will be calculated on daily data you loaded from Kinetick using the settlement price.

Comment

Ok, i will try it later and i will let u know.
                  Thanks
                  jake

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post funk10101  
                  Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
                  11 responses