"DWM.EXE" issues and performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"DWM.EXE" issues and performance

i have had numerous with Ninja locking up when things start really humming.
    I have an i7-920x processor and 16gigs of ram and every indicator on bar update close of bar set to true.

Two things that have helped a lot in the event others are having similar issues:
    1. I disabled "DWM.EXE" on my windows 7 computer which i noticed was using lots of CPU when Ninja' usage was peaking. It was just for a split second so I had to watch task manager very closely to spot it.
    2. I now run Multicharts at the same time. According to a very helpful sales person from trading computers dot com (patrick) - note my computer is not one of theirs which i am sure would not have this issue. He said that running MC would allow Ninja to sqeeze more juice out of the one core it is running on. It seems to be case.

Hello duncanhoo,

Thanks for the information.

This may be due to how much data and calculations that you are requesting/running on your computer. If you are using some 3rd party indicators/strategies, they can consume more CPU/Memory depending on how they are programmed. I'm including some of our Performance Tips to help reduce the memory and CPU foot print in NinjaTrader:

Hidden Workspaces

* Hidden workspaces consume CPU cycles so check under File > Workspaces to see all of the workspaces that are open and close any that you seldom or never use.

Chart Performance Tips

* Set chart indicators "Calculate on bar close" property to a value of 'True'
    * Increase your chart refresh interval by increasing the value of the chart property "Display update interval (sec)"
    * Reduce the number of bars on your chart (days back or bars back settings under "Format Data Series" dialog window
    * Reduce the number of running indicators
    * If you are running a custom or 3rd party indicator or strategy, remove them to isolate if these custom NinjaScript objects may be a CPU or memory drain

You can read all of our available performance tips from the following link:

Happy to be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
    11 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post cmtjoancolmenero  
    Started by FrazMann, Today, 11:21 AM