Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Connecting NJ to Broker, Data or either or ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting NJ to Broker, Data or either or ?

Hi there,

Just a quick question, what I am getting a bit confused with. I am planning on using IB as my Broker, and also another one what is not supported by NinjaTrader. I am planning on running Ninja Trader with the Data from Kinetic. So how would that work? Would I have NinjaTrader beeing connected with Kinetic, getting the data from them, and IB will be a standalone Broker not beeing connected to?

Since IB provides Data as well, the normal setup would be to connect NinjaTrader to IB, but what do I do if I want to use Kinetic as a dataprovider? In other words, do I need to connect NT to a Broker? I know it might defeat the purpose not to trade from within the chart etc.

How would the different ways look like I can use NT?

- Can I test NJ as a free Version, run the free end of day kinetic Data on it and NOT connect it to IB?

- Are there any other limitations to the free version than just not beeing able to trade real?

- Can I run the free version of NT and connect it to IB?

Help would be greatly appreciated,
    C.

Hello cosmoglobe,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forum!

Yes, you can use NinjaTrader for free for as long as you would like with the free simulation license key, the only limitation would be that are locked to the Sim101 account.

You can connect to your live data provider, Interactive Brokers, with the free version and place paper/sim trades on the NinjaTrader Sim101 account.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.

In regards to connecting to both Kinetick and Interactive Brokers, you can do this at the same time and receive data from either Kinetick or Interactive Brokers. This will depend on your connection order.

See our help guide entry on Multiple Connections for more information:

See the Help Guide article entitled "Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider" to see all supported data providers:
    Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

THanks for your answer. But I am still not clear on if I actually need to connect it to a broker?

Can I just use NT connected to a data Provider such as Kinetic and NOT to have it connected to a Broker.

Thanks very much for your help :-) ,
      C.

Comment

You will only need a broker if you plan on executing live trades to a live broker.

You can use a connection like Kinetick for charting and trading to the NinjaTrader sim101 account.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Christopher_R  
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        166 responses
        0 likes