Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical Data Loaded But Blank Chart

Hi,

Newbie question I'm afraid. I've read through the Charting Forum and followed a few of the suggested steps but I'm not getting to a solution.

I have done a test upload of tick data for a specific day and am trying to open a new chart where that date is specified either by the specific date for by a day range. I specified that 1min bars be created during the upload process. The upload of data was successful and I can see the data tree in the Historical Data Manager. The file was named $EURUSD.Last.txt and it contained tick data for 1st Feb 2013. I am trying to load a chart of the 6E 03-13 contract but the chart I get is blank.

What steps should I take to see what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks,
    darmbk.

Hello darmbk,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

The data you imported was for the EURUSD currency instrument in NinjaTrader, yet you are trying to load the 6E future instrument in NinjaTrader.

You need to change the .txt file name from $EURUSD.Last.txt to 6E 03-13.Last.txt then import the data once more.

For information on importing data into NinjaTrader please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h.../importing.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your assistance. This (obvious!) correction has fixed my issue, however given the naming convention that requires the name of the contract month-year, I have a follow up question:

If I want to import say one full year of 6E data, then it appears I can't simply import a single file of OHLC or Tick data for the entire year but rather I would have to do 4 individual uploads for the 4 contracts during the year. If this is the case, how would I chart 6E over a period that involves the rollover from a previous contract as I will have to specify either 6E 03-13 or 6E 12-12 for instance?

Thanks,
      darmbk.

Comment

Hello darmbk,

Thank you for your response.

You can then use the continuous contract (##-##) in NinjaTrader to import all the data at once and then chart it as the 6E ##-##. So in this case change the file name to 6E ##-##.Last.txt.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post PaulMohn  
        Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason