Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

how to add a profit target while already in a trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to add a profit target while already in a trade?

after entering a trade, when I want to sell when the instrument reaches my chosen price, how do I add a profit target once in the trade?

thanks

Hello cowboyss,

Thank you for your note.

A profit target in an ATM strategy is a Limit Order placed above the market on the Sell side.

If you are using Chart Trader and are in a long position, place a Sell Limit Order by right-clicking the chart at the desired price above market, then select Sell Limit <quantity> @ <price>. For example: Sell Limit 1 @ 123.45 would place a sell limit order for 1 contract at $123.45.

Also, here is a link to the help guide on Submitting Orders within Chart Trader. Please refer to the section 'How to submit an order'.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ng_orders4.htm

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
      Hello cowboyss,

Thank you for your note.

A profit target in an ATM strategy is a Limit Order placed above the market on the Sell side.

If you are using Chart Trader and are in a long position, place a Sell Limit Order by right-clicking the chart at the desired price above market, then select Sell Limit <quantity> @ <price>. For example: Sell Limit 1 @ 123.45 would place a sell limit order for 1 contract at $123.45.

Also, here is a link to the help guide on Submitting Orders within Chart Trader. Please refer to the section 'How to submit an order'.
      http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ng_orders4.htm

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
      Thanks - Im using static DOM. So if I have a short position today and I want to close when it reaches a certain price I click to the left of the limit price I wish to close at and buy that long position? eg If I entered short at 1500 and I want to place a profit taking close at 1495 I click on the left column on the row of 1495?
      Last edited by cowboyss; 02-13-2013, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Hello cowboyss,

Thanks for your reply.

If you are using the SuperDOM and are in a short position, place a Buy Limit Order by left-clicking on the desired price below the market on the Buy (left) side of the SuperDOM.

To answer your question, yes, if you are in a short position entered at 1500, place a Buy Limit Order by left-clicking the Buy (left) Side of the SuperDOM at 1495.

Below is a link to the help guide on Submitting Orders within the SuperDOM. Please refer to the section 'How to submit a limit order'.
        http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...es/nt7/sub.htm

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
          Hello cowboyss,

Thanks for your reply.

If you are using the SuperDOM and are in a short position, place a Buy Limit Order by left-clicking on the desired price below the market on the Buy (left) side of the SuperDOM.

To answer your question, yes, if you are in a short position entered at 1500, place a Buy Limit Order by left-clicking the Buy (left) Side of the SuperDOM at 1495.

Below is a link to the help guide on Submitting Orders within the SuperDOM. Please refer to the section 'How to submit a limit order'.
          http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...es/nt7/sub.htm

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
          I notice after exiting trades there are different words on the chart - eg, close, target1, & exit - for different exits. What do the different words describe? Some trades audio said 'cancelled' (ie meeting a profit target), some trades I clicked close to exit the market.
          Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post GLFX005
          by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM