Chart Cache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Cache

I once loaded the historical data from Gain, and next time I changed the range to get even more historical data. But the chart keeps showing me only the last two days.

How can I clear the chart cache and reload the histrocal data to my selected range.

Khurram

Charting

Hello,

Unfortunately Gain only provides 24 hrs of historical data. You will need to be connected to Gain daily to back fill your charts with more historical data.

Comment

Please do the following -

- Tools > Account Connections > Change your GAIN connection
      - Under Historical section, select "Use NinjaTrader Servers"

Our servers provide about 1 year of historical FX data and is much quicker to load than coming from GAIN servers directly.
      RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Backtesting the stratigies with my charts or historical data

Thank Ray,

I loaded almost a year data from Ninja Servers, but how do I connect my stratigies to this data for backtesting.

Right Click backtest and its greyed out. Backtest from the menu or icon opens the window asking for options, but not getting any results.

Also, how can I schedule my trade to run at a particular time, say 11 GMT daily.

Thanks

ckmoied

Comment

So you open the Strategy Analyzer, highlight an instrument on the left side, right click and the menu "Backtest" is disabled?

Comment

Backtest

Yes Ray,

Its disabled, and if I open the backtest window from the menu or the icon, it asks for options and after setting options, I don't get anything in the statistics.

Seems like my strategy is not linked to the historical data.

Also I need to know, how to schedule my strategy to run at 11 GMT daily.

Thanks

Comment

- So the backtest dialog opens --> Great
              - As you run a backtest if you click on the Chart tab --> Do you see a chart?
              - There is no option to run your strategy a specified time, however you can code time based parameters in a strategy.

Comment

No Ray,

File-New-Chart, I can see....

but File-Strategy Analyzer-Chart -----Nothing appears

Thanks

Comment

Then the problem is likely with the settings in the backtest dialog -

- Make sure the date range is a range where you have data
                  - Make sure you have the correct session start/end times
                  - Make sure you have the correct data series (1 min etc..)

See here for more information - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...AStrategy.html

Comment

Ray, I am loading historical data from ninaja server. What time is it?? GMT or EST etc. If its GMT then what should be my session start/end time setting.

Where can I set the data series (1 min) ets. I hope if I loaded 1 min data, I can select 60 mins data series. As my strategy works on hourly data.

Thanks

Comment

Sessions times are based on your local PC time. For further information on running a backtest please see the link I provided in my prior post. Your answer is stated in detail there.

Comment

Ray, I do appreciate your support respective to my queries.

I am now able to load the chart data in the strategy analyzer, but still I don't get any values in the summary tab. I have loaded almost 1 year data 16 Feb, 2007 to 16 Feb 2008, and its a minutes data.

The settings that I have in the backtest dialogue are:

Strategy: GBPUSD (The one I developed through the Strategies wizard)

Data Series: Type-> Minute, Value-> 1 (Please advise here as my strategy is to work on 60 minutes bars. Should I change it to 60??)

Time Frame: From 2/16/2007 To 2/16/2008, Exclude Weekend, Session Start 12:00 AM, Session Ends 12:00 AM.

General: Incluede Commission-> False, Label->GBPUSD, Min Bars Required->10

Historical Fill Process: Fill Type->Default, Slippage->0

Orders Handling: Orders per direction->1, Entry Handling->All Entries, Exit on Close->True

Order Properties: Set order quantity->By strategy, Time in force->Day

Also on the time schedule, I was not able to find anything. How can I catch that if the bar time is say 11:00 AM, only then my strategy should execute.

I'll appreciate your support in this regards.

Thanks

Comment

Ray,

I just discovered an error on the log stating.

Error calling OnBarUpdate, method for strategy 'GBPUSD' Stop Price must not be zero.

How can I troubleshoot this error. Maybe thats the cause of the problem.

Thax

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post xiinteractive  
                          Started by Irukandji, Today, 09:34 AM
                          1 response
                          0 likes