EoD Euronext Data with Yahoo/Google

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EoD Euronext Data with Yahoo/Google

I am new to Ninja Trader. I would like to use EoD data to access Euronext stock data (Europe). Both Google and Yahoo cover Euronext and other European and Global exchanges for free. However I am not able to access these data with NT (market analyser).

For instance, if I add BN (danone, paris), or BN.PA does not work. The system reports an error saying the instrument does not exist.

Any suggestion on how to solve this? Thanks

Hello,

Which connection are you using, Google or Yahoo?

What are the instrument settings you are using for BN?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I have been trying with both Google and Yahoo.
      I create a market analyser, with simple columns (last price, sma (200), daily volume). I do not get any of these.

Comment

Can you please give me the exact scenario you are facing so I can try to replicate on my end and give you the exact settings to resolve?

Who are you connected to as the primary connection when you get the error? Yahoo or Google? The connection is important.

What is the exchange that is selected and the symbol map you have set up?

Do you have a link to the finance page of the symbol you're trying to chart for me to refernecee?

Comment

Thank you. I sorted this out. I was not aware that I had to create a new instrument for each new stock I want to get from euronext. I thought Ninja Traded was extracting them directly from the data provider based on the ticker.

Comment

Glad to hear you figured it out. If you need help with any of these, please let me know and I'd be happy to set them up for you!

If you have multiple symbols that need to be configured, you can also import a list of stocks and assign an exchange to the entire list, rather than reconfiguring each instrument one a time.

Please see our Help Guide article on Importing a List of Stocks for more information:

Comment

Thanks. I checked this feature, but did not see a way to set symbol mapping for a complete list of stock. you can set up the exchange, but not assign a specific data provider. would this work for any provider (google vs yahoo for instance)?

Comment

It'll use the same values for each provider. If needed, you can always go back in and edit them individually.

Comment

is it possible to add a description for each stock in the list?

Comment

Not at this time, but we're looking to improve this process by giving more options in the next major release. It's too early to comment or confirm what will be changed, but this is one of the items that has been brought up.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by rocketman7, Today, 01:00 AM
                    0 responses
                    1 view
                    0 likes
                    Last Post rocketman7  
                    Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                    2 responses