Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

multibroker - license - settings datafeed

Hello,

I have some issues now with backtesting as I need to shut down NinjaTrader because of an error-message. Because of testing different datafeeds the last weeks I had data set to pip and then changed to tenth-pip. Today I got back to pip and now I have the error-message and backtesting (only one month) dosn´t finish with results.

And there appears another question in this concern: I intend to upgrade to a multibroker-license. The question now is if there is a problem with futures (CQG) when I set NinjaTrader data to tenthpip because of trading forex with fxcm?

Thanks
    Tony

Hello Tony,

Thank you for your post.

The 'Quote currencies (FX) in' setting will not effect Futures instruments, or Equities and Indexes for that matter.

Please detail the exact message you receive on backtesting so I may investigate this matter further.

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply.

And what is with script-strategies please?

When I have eg additional dataseries then for my scripts for futures I do "Add Range, 5"(pip) and for forex-pairs I do "Add Range, 50" (tenthpip)?

The script-strategy with "Add, Range 5" I enable in the future chart and the script-strategy with "Add, Range 50" I enable in the forex chart. Does this work? Does NinjaTrader "know" when to work with 5 Range and when with 50 Range?

(For you understanding why the 10th pip in forex: this is important as I need 10thpip with forex so that there are the same numbers as on brokers platform - this is more easy and fast to control then when both are same.)

Best
      Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello Tony,

Thank you for your post.

The 'Quote currencies (FX) in' setting will not effect Futures instruments, or Equities and Indexes for that matter.

Please detail the exact message you receive on backtesting so I may investigate this matter further.

Comment

Hello Tony,

Thank you for your response.

You will need to design your strategies separately for Forex and Futures, as you know the the trading quantity is quite different.

For information on running Forex Strategies please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...strategies.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hi,

yes I know that the trading quantity is quite different, and of course I design strats for forex and for futures.

But my question was how does NT know that when there is in the strategy Add, Range 50 then NT has to add a dataseries in 10thpip?? This is not in the coding. So the only reason why NT knows this could be as it is enabled in a chart with forex dataseries. Is this true?

Thanks
          Tony

Hello Tony,

You will need to design your strategies separately for Forex and Futures, as you know the the trading quantity is quite different.

For information on running Forex Strategies please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...strategies.htm

Last edited by tonynt; 02-14-2013, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Hello Tony,

Unfortunately, it is unclear what you are referring to here.
            when there is in the strategy Add, Range 50 then NT has to add a dataseries in 10thpip
            The Quote Currencies (FX) In option is used for the price data this does not change the Range or any other Period Type.

Please clarify on what you are looking for here.

Comment

Hello,

when you do backtesting you get different results depending from settings pip or tenthpip. When you have set to tenthpip and you want to have same results as with set to pip and add Range 5 then you need to have in the script Add Range50. Can we agree about this?

If we can not agree we have to match. If we can agree then the question is how NT works correctly with the dataseries? Is it OK running a script-strategy in forex eg in a 50 Range chart and in the script eg "Add Range 80"(when set to tenthpip) and having beside a script-strategy in a futures chart with 5 Range and having in the script "Add Range, 8" (corresponding to the 80 in forex)?

Could I explain what I mean?

Best
              Tony

Hello Tony,

Unfortunately, it is unclear what you are referring to here.

The Quote Currencies (FX) In option is used for the price data this does not change the Range or any other Period Type.

Please clarify on what you are looking for here.

Comment

Hello Tony,

Thank you for that information.

Yes, I understand what you mean here and in that case you would be correct on changing the Range Period Type.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post algospoke  
                Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred