MBT live snapshot quotes or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MBT live snapshot quotes or not?

I have NT7and MBT for live trading. I also use Kinetick for history backfill but I don't think it is relevant to my issue. The setup is correct, using MBT for live quotes

The NT7 Connection Options dialog for MB Trading has the option:

"Use snapshot data for real-time level I data"

I have to check (select) this in order to get realtime ticks. With it unselected I get realtime L1 bids and asks but no ticks/trades (charts don't update).

I would prefer to get live quotes and trades from MBT and not snapshotted data if possible.

I have done some checking with support and figure it's a good idea to take this to the community to find out what others are experiencing.

Is anyone with a similar setup able to get live trades (i.e. full data with charts updating and so on) with this option unselected?

Thanks

Hello MSETrader,

It might be Tick filtering that can cause this to happen. The following thread talk about Snapshot and data coming into NinjaTrader.

Happy to be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaTrader_JC,

It probably is not tick filtering -- I have the option unchecked on the data dialog. Unless NT does some other filtering automatically?

Comment

Here is what I have discovered by looking at the MBT API as expressed in the MBT SDK:

Comment

(oops, hit Enter in the previous post)

Here is what I have discovered by looking at the MBT API as expressed in the MBT SDK:

1. The MBT SDK only offers a single technique for receiving live quotes as events

2. An MBT method called "AdviseSymbol" registers an event handler for a given symbol.

3. When registering ("advising") a symbol to request live data, you can request Level 1, Level 2, Time & Sales, or Options, or any combination of these. So a symbol can be registered for Level 1 and Time and Sales for example.

Any update for that symbol will come in on your event handler as a "QUOTERECORD" for Level1, which contains about 25 fields including best bid/ask and last price, or a "TSRECORD" for Time & Sales, and so on.

3. There is no facility in the SDK for choosing between snapshot and non-snapshot data from MBT, the events are either on or off (data or no data).

If Ninja is using this interface (and not some undocumented interface into MBT), it looks from the MBT SDK as if the concept of using or not using snapshot data from MBT is not meaningful -- maybe the option was accidentally carried over in NT from some other provider's dialog when building the MBT dialog, or maybe it is only relevant to forex somehow.

At any rate based on the API the "Use snapshot data" option does not appear to make sense with MBT.

Comment

What type of account do you have with MBT?

So I may further test your connection on my end, can you please send me your configuration file?

You will find your configuration file in the following directory:
            (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\config.xml

Once located, please attach the config.xml file to a message addressed to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com
            MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Matthew -

It is a futures/stocks/options account -- no forex. I have already been through a lengthy online session with Brandon on Thursday with no change. Thanks for the offer but I don't really want to get into this again right now -- maybe you could touch base with Brandon.

Anyway, I don't really see what the option is supposed to accomplish even if it appears to work off or on. Could it have to do with being able to connect to Kinetick first and MBT second and still being able to trade?

Regards

Comment

Well, this is an older implementation of the MBT api. I'm not sure what documents you're referring to, but I suspect the information you're reading on their SDK would not apply to what we're using.

This option doesn't affect the requirement of using MBT data to place orders.
                MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

OK - thanks for the info. Let's table this for now please.

Comment

By the way, Brandon should have my Config file -- I will be offline the rest of the day.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Pattontje, Yesterday, 02:10 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Pattontje  
                    Started by flybuzz, 04-21-2024, 04:07 PM
                    17 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post TradingLoss