Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailing Stops In Chart Trader

Hello,

I trade futures contracts. I enter my trades manually right on the chart with Chart Trader. I use ATM to manage the trade with an initial target and stop loss. I set the stop loss to move to break-even +1 once the initial target is reached. From here I use a trailing stop loss of one point.

I would like to set the trailing stop loss based on the Parabolic SAR indicator instead of ticks or points. Is this possible in Chart Trader? If so, can you please inform me as to how to set that up. If it is not possible, are there any options for me regarding programming this, keeping in mind that my entries are manual?

I wish to avoid having to move the stop loss myself manually as the Parabolic SAR indicator moves.

Thanks very much,

Martin
    Montreal, Canada

While you won't be able to do this with the ATM strategy, you could create a strategy which trailed in accordance to this indicator. The entry could be placed using custom buttons that were tied to the strategy.

This would be an unsupported process and I wont be able to provide additional information on it, but you may find others who have created similar systems by searching our forum. Specifically take a look in this thread for submitting orders via buttons: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=22435

This might be of help as well: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...?t=6971&page=2

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
    172 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post sidlercom80  
    Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes