Collapse

Can't load more than 3 days from FXCM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been using MB Trading (MBT) as a subsititute, soon to be permanent if this goes on. I think FXCM should go back into beta and not be selectable under Tools:Account Connections. Poor souls who are new trying out an FXCM demo on NT will get confused if the problem is either on the NT or FXCM side. Additionally, they might get further lost in the Bermuda triangle of merge policy, resetting and repairing databases.

Comment

Thanks for your patience everyone. Updates normally do not take this long, but this is a rather big update that is being released to address a number of items.

I've received word today that there are some last minute QA items that have delayed the update.

We understand that this is the second week in a row that it has been delayed, but it is for the best the the updates are pushed back rather than releasing something that may lead to other items, or does not completely resolve what is being addressed.

They're giving us a heads up later this week before it is officially released instead of giving us false hope moving forward. As soon as I get this, I'll let you guys know.

If you have any direct questions for me, please feel free to email me directly at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with ATTN: Matthew in the subject line in reference to FXCM servers.
      MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Great news! Thanks for keeping us in the loop Matthew.

BirdJaguar and BotTrader, thanks very much for the info: both interesting links and nice to see what type of each broker/data vendor supplies all in one place. I don't think I would have found it myself...Operations -> Data Grid _> ...

Still shows PFG in there btw ...
        Last edited by Traffic; 03-05-2013, 10:23 AM.

Comment

FXCM Servers for Historical Data

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
          Thanks for your patience everyone. Updates normally do not take this long, but this is a rather big update that is being released to address a number of items.

I've received word today that there are some last minute QA items that have delayed the update.

We understand that this is the second week in a row that it has been delayed, but it is for the best the the updates are pushed back rather than releasing something that may lead to other items, or does not completely resolve what is being addressed.

They're giving us a heads up later this week before it is officially released instead of giving us false hope moving forward. As soon as I get this, I'll let you guys know.

If you have any direct questions for me, please feel free to email me directly at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with ATTN: Matthew in the subject line in reference to FXCM servers.
          Hi Bertrand
          What is the status for above issue.?
          I have updated to the latest NT ver 7.0.1000.12 but not able get more historical tick data..eric

Comment

Eric, we're awaiting upgrades on FXCM servers. We've made some changes in R12, but nothing that would address the historical data request response time.

Once I have more information and a confirmation that a fix has been released, I will let you know.
            MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
              Eric, we're awaiting upgrades on FXCM servers. We've made some changes in R12, but nothing that would address the historical data request response time.

Once I have more information and a confirmation that a fix has been released, I will let you know.
              Thanks for your info on this Matthew. I would just like to notify my presence regarding the matter and say that I wish for it to be solved too. On FXCM's side I mean.

Laurus
              Last edited by laurus12; 03-19-2013, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
              Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post kulwinder73