Limit and Market entry order at the same time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limit and Market entry order at the same time

Is there a way to submit order 1 contract each on market and limit price?

luxurious_04, yes you could submit 2 entryorder calls, one EnterLongLimit and one EnterLong for example. For this to work you would need to ensure the entry Handling is set to UniqueEntries (if you named each entry uniquely) or a high enough EntriesPerDirection -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      luxurious_04, yes you could submit 2 entryorder calls, one EnterLongLimit and one EnterLong for example. For this to work you would need to ensure the entry Handling is set to UniqueEntries (if you named each entry uniquely) or a high enough EntriesPerDirection -

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...=EntryHandling
      Bertran:

Thank you so much Bertran. But I just have some question on the handling of it. For example the submitting of stops and targets on it. Sometimes the EnterLongLimit doesn't working well, sometimes the order didn't filled while if I used calling ATM strategy template the order was filled.

Comment

Could be the case, since the limit order entry would just be valid for one bar update per default, then the order would expire. You could submit via liveUntilCancelled as well and then self CancelOrder() it should it not be required anymore.

Comment

So I think I will be using LiveUntilCancel on a limit order and I think I will have to use also CancelOrder() for I want to cancel it the current price already 8 ticks from the entry and the order is still working or not yet filled. Also I want to cancel the market order if the limit order filled first or vice versa. Is there a way on that?

Comment

You could check the fillstates of each IOrder issued and thus prevent in your condition from 'double firing', however I'm pretty certain the market order would be filled first most of the time.

Comment

I realized that also. Anyway I am not used to using IOrder method. I am only using calling ATM strategies for a long time but calling ATM strategies requires a lot of time in testing that's why I'm trying to convert it into IOrder so that I could strategy analyzer on it. Also if you have some ideas on submiting a targets and stops which are related to IOrder tell me also. Even a method to exit an open position when it reach my exit parameters.

Comment

Sure luxurious_04- you could directly check into this sample here - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=7499

Comment

Bertan:

Thank you for that sample. I will just have to ask you if anything I wanna know. Your the best man in this business. Thanks again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post ScottWalsh  
                  Started by olisav57, Today, 07:39 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post olisav57