Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi-time frame

Hello,

I have developed my own indicator and I wonder if it's possible to integrate two different data series in the same chart-panel without modifying my indicator code.

For example, I have:

1. One chart with the instrument A, 4 range and my indicator.
    2. Another chart with the instrument B, 16 range, Historical data -3 days and my indicator.

I would like to see my indicator results for the instrument B - drawing a horizontal line following a specific logic, in the chart-panel for the instrument A but I don't want to see the chart for the instrument B.

Cheers,

Ronald.
    Last edited by ronald.garcia; 02-18-2013, 07:51 PM.

Hi Ronald, I'm not sure I follow you - how would the result be displayed on Instrument A if they had different scaling then? Instrument B would not need to be charted if you Add() it internally in the indicator, or if you add the indicator on this series and make it then transparent for example. But this would still give you a scaling issue likely, as both series would be different instruments...
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

You are quite right about the scaling factor issue when you have two different instruments.

On the other hand It's not an issue if you have a 8-range dataseries and a 34-range dataseries for the same instrument.

If I understand correctly I have two options:

1. Using the Add() method is perfect but I have to change the indicator code each time that I want to change any parameter.
      2. The transparent dataseries works however it's not completely transparent. You can see the blank space between each bar.

So is there another way to do that?

Cheers,

Ronald.
      Last edited by ronald.garcia; 02-19-2013, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Hi Ronald, no those would be your options here, you're correct in understanding, with 2 series on the chart you automatically have the Equidistant spacing set to false. So Add() ing in would be more convenient, for the parameters you wish to adjust, just make them user inputs for flexibility.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by geddyisodin, Yesterday, 05:20 AM
        8 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
        10 responses
        0 likes