Multiple Orders With Chart Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Orders With Chart Trader

I am currently trading the ES with live data from Kinetick on the NinjaTrader simulator. I wish to know if it is possible to be entered in two separate positions simultaneously in Chart Trader, both using the same or a different ATM Strategy. For example two long positions or two short positions, each with its own stop loss, targets, etc. If it is possible, how does Chart Trader identify them separately, with different colored handles?

I have tried this but have have not been successful. Upon the second order being filled, Chart Trader does weird things, like cancel all orders.

Thanks very much,

Martin
    Montreal, Canada

Hello MV007,

Thank you for your forum post.

One of the great features of NinjaTrader is its ability to manage multiple virtual positions in the same market. This allows you to manage a long and short position in the same market simultaneously.
    Here is how this is accomplished:
    • Open 2 Chart Trader windows and set them both to the same market
    • Right click in on of the Chart Trader areas and select the menu "Chart Trader Properties"
    • Set the 'ATM Strategy selection mode' parameter to "DisplaySelectedAtmStrategyOnly"
    • Repeat the last two instructions on the second Chart Trader window.
    • Submit a buy order to open a long position in the first Chart Trader window.
    • Submit a sell order to open a short position in the second Chart Trader window.

In addition to these instructions, I suggest reviewing the content available in our Online Help Guide specific to this topic.
    Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
    6 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post DJ888
    by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
    0 responses