Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Session Templates recognition

Hi,

Could it be done that when switching instruments within the same chart, the chart session templates in the data series changes automatically to the default session template of the selected instrument? For example, changing within one 5M chart (ES) to a (6E) carries the session template from the (ES). When switching to the (6E), I'd like for the session template in the data series windows to change to the default session template of the (6E) instead of carrying the session template from the (ES).

Thank you.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

In your example, which Session Template is originally applied to ES? '<Use Instrument Settings>' or a manually selected template?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle,

I'm using the default session template for all my instruments found under<Instrument Manager>. In the case of the (ES) I have the CME index futures RTH session, but what I'm looking for is a way to switch among instruments within the same chart for every instrument and for it to change automatically the session template of the chart data series to the current instrument default session template.

For example, I tend to switch among the ES, 6E, CL, ZN frequently within the same chart instead of having four charts open. Every time I switch from one to the other I find myself having to go to the chart data series and change the instrument session template manually, since the instrument I switched to carrie the previous instrument's session template. I know you can right click in the chart and create different chart templates, but this would required me to load a different chart template every time I change the instrument, and what I'm looking for is a way for the session template of the chart to change automatically.

Is this option possible within this ninjatrader version, and if not, could this be implemented in the next version?

Thank you

Comment

TraderEco,

I'm still unclear - you're selecting the default template manually or you're leaving '<Use Instrument Settings>' in place. Which of the two?

Comment

Hi Kyle,

I'm sorry for the confusion, but can you be a bit more specific about <Use Instrument Settings>. I'm talking specifically about session templates.

Comment

Hello,

Please right click in the chart and select Data Series. Session Template is a setting within this menu - what is the starting setting? '<Use Instrument Settings>' or something else?

If this is unclear, please contact me via email: Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com and reference this forum thread by URL.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by TraderG23, 12-08-2023, 07:56 AM
            9 responses
            1 like
            Last Post Gavini
            by Gavini

Started by oviejo, Today, 12:28 AM
            0 responses