MAX and MIN indicators data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAX and MIN indicators data

I need to use the MAX and MIN methods in a strategy that I am developing, but when I display the indicators by the same name, the data is confusing to me. I expected that the value of MAX at each bar would indicate the highest high of any candle during the look back period, but I can not figure out the value that is actually displayed. It doesn't make sense to me, but then I am new to using this indicator. I assume it is working properly and I just don't understand what it is supposed to do. If this indicator doesn't do what I thought, then is there any indicator or method that will return the highest high of a specified look back period.

Indicators are going to default to the close bar. So the MAX by default will show you the highest close value in the max period.

If you're trying to get the Highest High, change the input series from "Close" to "High".
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBd View Post
      I need to use the MAX and MIN methods in a strategy that I am developing, but when I display the indicators by the same name, the data is confusing to me. I expected that the value of MAX at each bar would indicate the highest high of any candle during the look back period, but I can not figure out the value that is actually displayed. It doesn't make sense to me, but then I am new to using this indicator. I assume it is working properly and I just don't understand what it is supposed to do. If this indicator doesn't do what I thought, then is there any indicator or method that will return the highest high of a specified look back period.
      What is the syntax that you are using that you think is not returning the correct results?

Comment

OK. That's what I missed. Changing the input series to high does exactly what I wanted. Mathew, thank you very much.
        Koganam, I wasn't trying to call the method from script, I was just trying to understand what I can do with it, and needed to have high data rather than close.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post wzgy0920  
        Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post wzgy0920