Change default Document location during install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change default Document location during install

I am trying to install NT7, but I cannot seem to get the default My Documents location to change. My original My Documents folder was on a network, but I have tried changing that within Windows to set the default My Documents folder to a locally stored folder. This works just fine, and every other document saved to My Documents goes directly to this local folder. However, even after uninstalling NT7 and reinstalling, the NT7 files are still being installed to the network My Documents folder. I cannot run NT7 to try and change the default folder from within the program, so I need some way of changing the file path during installation (or somehow after installation without NT7 actually running). How can this be accomplished?

Hello,

What operating system are you using?

Is this on a home network or corporate work environment?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi,

Windows 7 pro

It is a company computer, but I had NT7 on my laptop before yesterday and then they "updated it" (ie. screwed it up) and now NT7 won't run. I tried to reinstall and that's when I ran into the above issues. Before the "update" my Documents folder was local, but now it is set to my network folder by default for some reason. Even after right clicking on My Documents on the Start Menu and setting the default path to a local folder it still installs NT7 using the network folder.

Also, my laptop has had Windows 7 for some time now, so I know that shouldn't be the issue.

thanks

Comment

When you say "they" do you mean your IT department? Or a Microsoft update changed this?

If your IT department recently changed this, you will need to work with them to get this remapped to a local disk.

Comment

It was the IT department.

Why can this directory not be specified separately for NT7 to install into? Why does it automatically select which documents folder to install to? This seems sort of arbitrary and confining for no real reason other than simplicity of the installation procedure.

Comment

The SQL database technology we use from Microsoft is designed to work on a local disk and cannot run from a network drive. This is out of our control.

Our installer is designed to install the user directory to the active document directory. This is our limitation and we're looking to give his option in a future version, however I do not have any more information on when or if this will be possible in the next major release.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by fitspressoburnfat, Today, 04:25 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post fitspressoburnfat  
            Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
            1 response
            0 likes