Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scaling in with two targets/one stop based on average price

Hi,

Im using trial version of ninja trader and superdom and attempting to use the dom trader to enter trades with two targets and stop based on the average price and scale in with multple entries (which changes the average price). The difficulty im having is when i scale in with the superdom, it does not adjust my stop entry or targets based on the average price. I want my target(s) to be adjusted to be automatically and changed to same target and one stop i have set based on the new average price (not multple stops); but cant figure out how to do this. Example, i buy (go long) 100 shares of spy at 130.00 with 1 point stop (100 ticks or 100 (one dollar/100cent stop) and 10 and 20 cent targets and then scale in another long 100 shares at 128. This would reduce my average price to 129; but would want to maintain 10 cent and 20 cent target based on the "new" average price and maintain the stop 100 cents from the average price; not the initial entry. Im a bit confused on how to do this.... any help on this would be appreciated.

thanks

Hello dsharp9000,

Unfortunately this is not supported. I assume that currently it combines the ATM orders. This is due to the 'ATM Strategy Selection Mode' setting in the SuperDOM properties menu.

If you set it to 'Keep Selected ATM Strategy Template on Order Submission', it will submit the additional ATM orders separate from existing ATM orders. It does not use the average entry price, but the entry price of the second entry order. More information can be found at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the quick reply; im new to ninja trader and currently using bracket trader; but looking for something that has more options. The superdom looks promising and will study the link you provided. I would hope at some point you would look at adding something in ninja trader superdom that would allow me to do the above; i dont know if this is possible; but its really the feature im looking for....perhaps the links your provided may be of help; but would be nice if this could be accomplished with a single strategy as this would add simplicity to what im attempting to do. .

Comment

I will forward your suggestion to submit ATM orders based off the average entry price. Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

The suggestion is present on the list of possible future enhancements. It is assigned to ID# 809.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bmartz, Today, 09:30 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post bltdavid  
          Started by f.saeidi, Today, 11:02 AM
          1 response
          0 likes