Ninja can't find my install of TWS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja can't find my install of TWS

I'm setting up a new install of Ninjatrader to use with IB. I had installed TWS on a thumb drive previously. I stopped using the thumb drive, removed it from the computer and installed TWS on the C: drive in the default directory. I then installed Ninjatrader and set up a connection to IB. When I try to connect I get an error message from Ninjatrader that it can't find an .INI file in the installation of TWS on the E drive. I don't see a way to tell Ninja where to look for TWS...

Edit: I have to go all the way back to TWS 927.5? I didn't see that.. but that's not going to make a difference if Ninja is looking on the E: drive...
    Last edited by maxpi; 02-23-2013, 08:29 PM.

Hello,

Please remove and reconfigure the connection to Interactive Brokers within NinjaTrader's Account Connection menu:
    • Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections--> highlight the connection--> click Remove
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    • Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections and recreate the account connection.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.
    Click here to take me to the Interactive Brokers Connection Guide
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It's actually something with TWS, I have it on the C: drive, it runs fine when I click the icon but when I go to uninstall it the uninstaller can't do anything because it's thought to still be on the E: drive!!

Comment

Hello maxpi,

Thanks for following up with me.

I'm not sure why the prior drive location is retained in that case. I'd recommend contacting Interactive Brokers support for further assistance. I'm certain that it's possible to overcome this however I'm unclear what steps would be required.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post junkone
        by junkone

Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM