Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reimporting historical data

Hi guys,

I'm new to Ninja Trader and was doing some testing around importing historic data. I managed to import one instrument(stock) succesfully , however when i try to load more historic data for it I get a message saying historic data import successfull but when i construct a daily chart there is nothing plotted on it. The charts worked first time around as well.

Also I would be getting stock's EOD through text file , do i just use import historical data everyday for charts to be up to date or am i heading the wrong way?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

1.) Could you elaborate on this - for instance, which symbol have you imported data for? Which format of data was imported (tick, minute, day)? Do you see any errors related to importing data within the Log tab of the Control Center?

2.) Yes, a daily import would be required to update the data set if you intend to use this as a data source.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The symbol was BOQ (traded on ASX) and data was in day format. There are no errors in Log tab , is there any other place where I can view a detailed log ? For example how many rows imported etc.

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Do you find the data available within the Historical Data Manager's Edit tab? (Tools > Historical Data Manager)

Comment

Hi,

Yes I can see the data there but its only showing data from the very first file I imported , after that I've tried to import data a number of times for later days and that's not showing up. Its as if no import is happening.

Comment

Hi,

Please delete the existing data and try the import process once more. If you encounter the same issue, please contact me via email (Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com) with a link to this forum thread and I'll provide instructions for you to send me a copy of the data for further testing.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post GLFX005
            by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM