NQ RTH Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NQ RTH Chart

Anyone else having issues displaying Friday's RTH session in the NQ on a chart? My NQ RTH chart shows only through 2/21....

Yes I am also missing data for Fri 2-22-13 for both NQ and YM. The ES shows up but the other two are missing. This is actually the second time in a month that NinjaTrader historical data servers have let me down. Don't they realize that we depend on this data to make trading decisions? Is it really that hard to make sure the data is there? What's the next step? They will probably make us wait one or two weeks for it, as that's what happened last time.

I would like to add the question: What is NinjaTrader going to do to make sure this does not continue happening? Please help!

Comment

Thank you for your feedback in this area. Our server team is looking into these items further.

In the mean time, the data has been restored. Please restart NinjaTrader and reconnect to Zen-Fire and reload the charts.

Please understand that the Zen-Fire connection technology you are using with NinjaTrader does not provide historical data. Many supported NinjaTrader brokerage technologies do not even offer historical data and the access to premium historical data services carry a subscription cost of several hundred dollars a month.

To improve the experience for Zen-Fire users and to keep your subscription and commission fees low, we have opted to record this data for Zen-Fire users as a value added complementary service at no extra cost. However, as this is a free service we offer to our clients, there are limitations on the amount of maintenance we are able to provide and we simply do not have the resources to guarantee 100% up-time and access to this data at all times.

If a highly reliable historical data source is a priority for you, and you find yourself missing data at what you may feel is an unacceptable frequency from our free complementary servers, I would suggest you setup an account with Kinetick or another premium data provider who can offer you a guaranteed up-time for the historical data. With Kinetick, $50 a month will give you access to all the historical data you need as a backup and still will allow you to connect to your Zen-Fire account for real-time data.
      MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Matthew, Thanks for your prompt reply and for fixing this quickly. However, with that said, there are several things I would like to point out:
        I have been a lifetime license holder for more than 3 years and have always used Zen-Fire, everyday, without a problem. I have been very happy with it. The problems I experienced today and about a month ago have never happened before, or maybe one other time in 3 years that I can recall. Now it has happened twice in one month. Clearly this is a problem, and every time it seems to happen with your servers regarding Friday's data. In other words, it is always on Monday when we connect to Zen-Fire that we find that Friday's data is missing for some contracts.
        Second, I am always connected to Zen-Fire for the regular trading session and even record each days session for future Market replay. The problem is that if I want to back-fill data from the overnight session I must use the historical data server, even though Friday's data is on my computer somewhere in NinjaTrader's files, it appears missing because all of the data must be downloaded from your historical data servers. I understand that I can simply save my real-time chart data as historical, but there is no way that I am aware of in which NinjaTrader allows us to BOTH use our real-time data as historical and ALSO to use the historical data server to retrieve only data for when we were not connected. It would be great if this was possible.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for these additional comments. I would agree that there has been in increase of the number of issues as of recent and our server team is working diligently with our development team to prevent them from reoccurring, but we cannot make any sort of gurantee on access to these servers as outlined above. Of course we'd like to see the frequency reduced and we're working toward that.

You can disable the automatic fetching of historical data by going to Tools--> Options--> Data tab--> uncheck "Get data from server". You may also completely disable historical data on your connection by going to Tools--> Account Connection--> select your Zen-Fire connect and select "Change". From the connection wizard, you will see an option to set historical data to "Disabled".

Comment

Hi,
            the strange thing is, I can export data from 2/22 NQ 03-13. But if I import that data - nothing new?
            Btw. the exported text file is filled w. the right data. I checked the RTH open and close prices???
            Does "Repair DB" has to do something with that or can help? Or is it just trade DB?

Or would it be of any help, if a friend is exporting his tick data for that day and I import that?

Any help appreciated very much

Comment

Hello,

If you're unable to view the data, please take the following steps:

Shut down NinjaTrader
              Navigate to Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db
              Delete the folder named 'cache'
              Restart NinjaTrader and reconnect to your data provider.

Once reconnected, reload your charts and the data should be displayed.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NRITV
              by NRITV

Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
              7 responses