adding to open position (chart trader)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adding to open position (chart trader)

hi..Ive been tinkering around w adding to open postions (scaling up) in market replay. I manually move my stop to break even, at say 10-12 ticks profit, then add another contract once initial risk is off the table.

Ive only practiced this scaling method twice, but I think I have it figured out, but after trade is closed I cant see exactly where my ATM stop is, and Id like to study the screen for a moment to look at stop placement, target etc..so, I guess my question is this:

when adding to an open position in chart trader, will my stop and target be the same as the original postion? IOW- is there only ONE stop and ONE target, even after adding another contract?

Im pretty sure it is the same, but the the ATM (stop and target) info dissappears so fast (as soon as trade closes) so I wasnt able to really be 100% sure. but I didnt see any other profit tagets or stops after adding a contract. only a different entry.

Hello shooly76,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum!

There are a few different options in how this could be processed based on which 'ATM Strategy Selection Mode' setting you chose to use. Please see the following link to our YouTube page for an example of the three possible settings: http://youtu.be/brVV7R2-16A?t=35m2s
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the video clip.

I have it on default ATM setting. however, I manually input my stop and target within the custom ATM stategy window before placing a trade.

so just to clarify: by using the default ATM settings, (and my custom ATM strategy) I will have only one stop and one target.. even after adding a contract to open position, correct?

Comment

Hi,

Correct - with the default settings any secondary submissions would be added to the existing strategy. No new stops/targets would be placed though the quantity of the existing orders would be adjusted to account for the change in position size.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

charttrader buttons

Hello,

Please is it posbile to add or program aditional buttons to chart trader ? For example I dont use bid and ask buttons, but I would like to have sell limit buy limit buttons, which are prgramable, so I could change buy limit -2 or minus 3 etc.

Thank you very much Lumir.

Comment

Hello Lumir,

Unfortunately this is not supported.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
            118 responses
            1 like